As reported previously at KnoxViews, the City of Maryville June, 2009 unemployement rate of 20.4% was the highest city unemployement rate reported.
The State of Tennessee July, 2009 seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for Maryville dropped to 19.6%.
It appears the powers that be in the City of Maryville cried foul loud enough. According to The State of Tennessee, "City labor force estimates have been revised for 2009 to better reflect the count of UI claims used to disaggregate city data from the county total."
The State of Tennessee August, 2009 seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for Maryville dropped to 9.8% and the July, 2009 umemployment rate was revised to 10%.
Additional unemployment news, Blount County's unemployement rate dropped 0.3% from July to August, 2009 (10.2 to 9.9). Whereas, Knox County's unemployment rate went up 0.5% (8.2 to 8.7).
I would have thought there was some sort of standard for reporting labor force employment and unemployment figures across this great land. Who would have thought such a large discrepancy could have been reported for the City of Maryville?
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (7 replies)
- Angry Ohio GOP Demands Cuyahoga NP Be Renamed for Palin (3 replies)
- The beast has more than one belly: (16 replies)
- Cades Cove this morning (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (8 replies)
- Into the Belly of the Beast (3 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (6 replies)
- so this is it ... (7 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)