As reported previously at KnoxViews, the City of Maryville June, 2009 unemployement rate of 20.4% was the highest city unemployement rate reported.
The State of Tennessee July, 2009 seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for Maryville dropped to 19.6%.
It appears the powers that be in the City of Maryville cried foul loud enough. According to The State of Tennessee, "City labor force estimates have been revised for 2009 to better reflect the count of UI claims used to disaggregate city data from the county total."
The State of Tennessee August, 2009 seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for Maryville dropped to 9.8% and the July, 2009 umemployment rate was revised to 10%.
Additional unemployment news, Blount County's unemployement rate dropped 0.3% from July to August, 2009 (10.2 to 9.9). Whereas, Knox County's unemployment rate went up 0.5% (8.2 to 8.7).
I would have thought there was some sort of standard for reporting labor force employment and unemployment figures across this great land. Who would have thought such a large discrepancy could have been reported for the City of Maryville?
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (8 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (61 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (12 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds' twitter account suspended (19 replies)
- Frank Cagle confused about houseboats (10 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (2 replies)
- BURCHETT LOADING MPC WITH DEVELOPERS (2 replies)
- Technology breakthrough! (1 reply)
- Broadway near Henley closure planned for 2 1/2 years (4 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (2 days 7 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (3 days 12 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (3 days 13 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 1 day from now)