As reported previously at KnoxViews, the City of Maryville June, 2009 unemployement rate of 20.4% was the highest city unemployement rate reported.
The State of Tennessee July, 2009 seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for Maryville dropped to 19.6%.
It appears the powers that be in the City of Maryville cried foul loud enough. According to The State of Tennessee, "City labor force estimates have been revised for 2009 to better reflect the count of UI claims used to disaggregate city data from the county total."
The State of Tennessee August, 2009 seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for Maryville dropped to 9.8% and the July, 2009 umemployment rate was revised to 10%.
Additional unemployment news, Blount County's unemployement rate dropped 0.3% from July to August, 2009 (10.2 to 9.9). Whereas, Knox County's unemployment rate went up 0.5% (8.2 to 8.7).
I would have thought there was some sort of standard for reporting labor force employment and unemployment figures across this great land. Who would have thought such a large discrepancy could have been reported for the City of Maryville?
- Robert Reich to speak in Knoxville (16 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (59 replies)
- FBI Pilot investigation inching closer to the top (1 reply)
- What's up with E.W. Scripps? (4 replies)
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (6 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (14 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (13 replies)
- Bar Marley (6 replies)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (2 replies)
- Watch this and get inspired (3 replies)
- A future for I-40? (18 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (4 hours 20 min ago)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (3 hours 35 min ago)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (1 day 19 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)