By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Trump's Cabinet (46 replies)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (37 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (57 replies)
- Did that just happen? (181 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (3 replies)
- RIP John Glenn (2 replies)
- Jobless Rate Hits Nine-Year Low; 178,000 Jobs Added (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (85 replies)
- Mountaintop removal coal mining banned in East TN (5 replies)
- This is the dumbest thing I've seen all week (1 reply)
- National Weather Service facing major cutbacks (3 replies)
- 2016 Harvest Of Souls Continues (3 replies)