By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- U.N. Weather Agency: It's Record Hot Out There This Year (4 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (67 replies)
- Republican State Rep: new traffic law needed to help him get home (16 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (344 replies)
- Gunman attacks Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic (17 replies)
- Local attorney K.O. Herston picked by American Bar Assoc. for Top 100 Law Blogs (1 reply)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (12 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (39 replies)
- We are TARGEEEEET!!! (1 reply)
- Right-wing contortions (3 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (2 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Dec 1 2015 - 5:30pm (18 hours 30 min from now)
- Dec 10 2015 - 5:30pm (1 week 2 days from now)