By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Nate Silver forecasts 50/50 chance that either Dem wins in Nevada (5 replies)
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (15 replies)
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (5 replies)
- Pilot update (19 replies)
- Early voting update: Where are all the Democrats? (2 replies)
- Delegate counts (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (11 replies)
- Bernaroo (1 reply)
- Bernie Sanders raises $6.4 million in first 24 hours after NH polls close (2 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (5 replies)
- Vouchers back in the House today... Update: bill tabled, no vouchers (1 reply)