By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- International Baccalaureate (10 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (304 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- Town Hall Forum (1 reply)
- ISIS+ (10 replies)
- We're calling a personal foul on Gloria Johnson's opponent (18 replies)
- Burlington is back (10 replies)
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings (8 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (3 days 7 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 8 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (5 days 9 hours from now)