By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (5 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (7 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (2 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (6 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)
- Can we get a little humanity up in here? (12 replies)
- Stop Wasting Votes by Crossing Over (33 replies)
- A Reply to Bill Owen's Negative Mailer (11 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (25 replies)
- The Master of Space and Time (1 reply)