By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Inauguration Day (13 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (80 replies)
- Selling public lands - Cherokee national forest? (5 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (59 replies)
- Saw Works Brewing Co. may move to Standard Knitting Mill (6 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (2 replies)
- Jimmy Kimmel - on the street Obamacare vs ACA (3 replies)
- We are living... (3 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (12 replies)
- A message (2 replies)
- Companies Are Recycling Their Old News to Avoid Being Blasted in a Trump Tweet (2 replies)
- Roger Kane Insists our Legislature is Incredibly Diverse (4 replies)
- Jan 20 2017 - 6:00pm (5 hours 38 min ago)
- Jan 25 2017 - 12:00pm (4 days 12 hours from now)
- Jan 25 2017 - 5:00pm (4 days 17 hours from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (1 week 6 days from now)