By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (40 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (16 replies)
- 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 today (2 replies)
- For You and Me (1 reply)
- Trump uniting the GOP? (8 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (2 replies)
- Payday lenders racking up in Tennessee (3 replies)
- A Record for False Statements in KNS reply (3 replies)
- Air bag recall expanded to millions more cars (6 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (3 replies)
- UAW endorses Hillary Clinton (1 reply)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (4 replies)