By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (10 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (30 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (9 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (4 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (1 reply)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (34 replies)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (10 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (3 replies)