By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- KnoxGOP: The best government money can buy (12 replies)
- a fine BLT (22 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (24 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (40 replies)
- Third Creek Greenway vandalism (14 replies)
- Decline of civilization, part 473 (6 replies)
- Knox County Commission Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS (11 replies)
- Donaldson on the way out (59 replies)
- Who should replace Indya Kincannon on School Board? (6 replies)
- ISIS (78 replies)
- House plans to spend up to $350,000 on Obama suit (1 reply)
- Nashville schools forced to purchase technology via capital, not operating, budget? (10 replies)