By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)
- Bill seeking to stop scalpers from grabbing online tickets has cleared the House (2 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (69 replies)
- Businessman wants to add waterfall to South Knoxville waterfront (23 replies)
- Dover to develop South High (8 replies)
- AMI ammo factory deal could involve $20 million in state incentives (28 replies)
- KNS not to endorse in Presidential race (8 replies)
- Debates 3, Climate Change 0 (3 replies)
- Debate takeaway headlines (11 replies)
- New plans for old church in South Knoxville (11 replies)
- Meeting on changes to SW Form-based Code Thursday 10/20 (1 reply)