By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (53 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (16 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (20 replies)
- Here we go again (19 replies)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (2 replies)
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill (11 replies)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (8 replies)
- Tennessee considers for-profit public benefit corporate entities (50 replies)
- Tennessee Republican offers bill to nullify Farragut's town charter (10 replies)
- Check on your family and friends (2 replies)
- Clueless quote of the day (5 replies)
- The deaths not counted in this winter storm reporting,,,, (3 replies)