By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (31 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (31 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (16 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (14 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (65 replies)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)
- Island Home apartment project may break ground this week (10 replies)
- The banality of evil (4 replies)