By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (2 replies)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (3 replies)
- Tennessee does not have a monopoly on crazy politicians (1 reply)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (30 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (5 replies)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Troubled Tennessee prisons (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (2 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)
- Apollo photo archive (1 reply)