By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (52 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (11 replies)
- UT discontinues Lady Vols Hall of Fame (8 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (44 replies)
- BlueCross premium hike (16 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (6 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (73 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (23 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)