By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Metro Pulse BOE Endorsements (32 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces city budget, proposed tax increase (9 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (6 replies)
- TDOT commissioner: Tennessee facing new taxing method or deteriorating roads (15 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (19 replies)
- Everything you wanted to know about Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, including the mercury problem (50 replies)
- Thanks, Jim (3 replies)
- Women’s Representation in Tennessee (1 reply)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (3 replies)
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (5 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)