By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Hello, Nashville? Anybody Home? (5 replies)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (4 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (22 replies)
- The best states for bicycling (13 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (46 replies)
- State and federal complaints filed against Knoxville charity (19 replies)
- David Letterman signs off (2 replies)
- Good guys just stand out (1 reply)
- DTV Features Honor Air Knoxville and Eddie Mannis (1 reply)
- Boy Scout president calls for end to ban on gay leaders (2 replies)
- Haven't bragged about the SIL lately (3 replies)
- Politically connected defendant will plead guilty to a lesser charge (9 replies)