By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (2 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (17 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (57 replies)
- Knox Co. breaks ground on new all-inclusive playground (1 reply)