By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- school board meeting underway (40 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (7 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)
- Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (2 replies)
- Today's school board work session (23 replies)
- Dog jumping in water (5 replies)