By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Ballot order (14 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (43 replies)
- Chickamauga Lock closed for repairs, Knoxville barge traffic cut off (10 replies)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (15 replies)
- John Stewart: Amendment 3 would bring higher sales, food, business taxes (4 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (84 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (22 replies)
- Parallels (3 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (326 replies)
- Separation of Church and State? (8 replies)
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (3 replies)
- When economic hackofistry is no longer printable (7 replies)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (8 hours 28 min from now)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (3 days 5 hours from now)