By way of Michael Grider, Gray Television, owners of WVLT, will take over management and operation of Young Broadcasting's TV stations which include WATE. Details here.
Young Broadcasting, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year, apparently received no acceptable offers in a recent auction of their TV stations and will be taken over by creditors who are looking to contract out station management and operations.
UPDATE: Broadcasting & Cable
According to court documents, Young’s KRON San Francisco, WATE Knoxville and WLNS Lansing are not part of the Gray management deal.
- Windows 10 doesn't suck (15 replies)
- Jimmy Carter: America is no longer a democracy (1 reply)
- Ijams rope course death (16 replies)
- USA! USA! (4 replies)
- AJ building proposals (3 replies)
- Newsroom of the Future's editor, past tense (3 replies)
- Obama unveils ‘biggest step we’ve ever taken’ on climate (2 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (15 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (10 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (49 replies)
- Why teachers can’t hotfoot it out of Kansas fast enough (1 reply)
- Buzz Aldrin's Apollo 11 travel voucher (2 replies)