Special election called. Kleinheider has the details. As he notes, this will be a battleground, and Republicans have a chance to put another notch on their slim majority pistol.
UPDATE: Tom Humprey reports that Curt Cobb's brother Ty will run for the seat. How cool would it be for a state legislature to have not one but two representatives named Ty Cobb?
- Ravitch: Education reform is a hoax (1 reply)
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (52 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (11 replies)
- UT discontinues Lady Vols Hall of Fame (8 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (44 replies)
- BlueCross premium hike (16 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (6 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (73 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (23 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)