The Plume goes on for miles.
Looks like North Hills is going to STINK tonight.
Here's the scoop from WVLT
Firefighters were called to Mac’s Tire Recyclers on Boruff Street around 7:10 PM.
At 7:26 PM, Volunteer TV News at 7:00 displayed live shots of the blaze from the Volunteer View camera on the top of Baptist Hospital.
Reports from the scene indicate the Knoxville Utility Board will shut down power to the building. Few other details are.
KFD responded to a fire at the same building on Feb. 20th, 2009. That fire was quickly extinguished. Investigators later determined it had started on a conveyer belt and spread to a pile of tire scraps.
Why are we allowing such a hazardous facility to operate within city limits?
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (26 replies)
- Knox Co. breaks ground on new all-inclusive playground (1 reply)
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (9 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (3 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)
- Union Ave, Ice Cream, and soup? (48 replies)
- UT students are back! (14 replies)
- Thanks for the memories! (1 reply)
- Free speech proves costly (4 replies)
- Hillary Clinton campaign office to open in Knox County (11 replies)
- How Haslam is reshaping Tennessee environmental rules (6 replies)
- Aug 27 2016 - 2:00pm (1 day 18 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (6 weeks 4 days from now)