The Plume goes on for miles.
Looks like North Hills is going to STINK tonight.
Here's the scoop from WVLT
Firefighters were called to Mac’s Tire Recyclers on Boruff Street around 7:10 PM.
At 7:26 PM, Volunteer TV News at 7:00 displayed live shots of the blaze from the Volunteer View camera on the top of Baptist Hospital.
Reports from the scene indicate the Knoxville Utility Board will shut down power to the building. Few other details are.
KFD responded to a fire at the same building on Feb. 20th, 2009. That fire was quickly extinguished. Investigators later determined it had started on a conveyer belt and spread to a pile of tire scraps.
Why are we allowing such a hazardous facility to operate within city limits?
- What's next for Obama? (3 replies)
- Quote of the Day (4 replies)
- Conversations (1 reply)
- Haslam signs bill allowing religious discrimination (20 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (6 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces $302.68 million budget, no tax increases (6 replies)
- Chobani CEO Giving Employees an Ownership Stake in Yogurt Empire (1 reply)
- KCS cancels all TCAP/TN Ready tests not already underway (4 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (9 replies)
- McIntyre to helm UT education leadership center (8 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (11 replies)
- Judge Orders Recount on Amendment 1 Vote (5 replies)