The Plume goes on for miles.
Looks like North Hills is going to STINK tonight.
Here's the scoop from WVLT
Firefighters were called to Mac’s Tire Recyclers on Boruff Street around 7:10 PM.
At 7:26 PM, Volunteer TV News at 7:00 displayed live shots of the blaze from the Volunteer View camera on the top of Baptist Hospital.
Reports from the scene indicate the Knoxville Utility Board will shut down power to the building. Few other details are.
KFD responded to a fire at the same building on Feb. 20th, 2009. That fire was quickly extinguished. Investigators later determined it had started on a conveyer belt and spread to a pile of tire scraps.
Why are we allowing such a hazardous facility to operate within city limits?
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (22 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (8 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (4 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (7 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)
- Christmas lights at Chilhowee Park (1 reply)
- Shopper News publisher Sandra Clark exonerated in theft trial (8 replies)
- Della Volpe opposes Tennova hospital relocation (16 replies)
- TNDP chair screening committee recommends three candidates (12 replies)