The Plume goes on for miles.
Looks like North Hills is going to STINK tonight.
Here's the scoop from WVLT
Firefighters were called to Mac’s Tire Recyclers on Boruff Street around 7:10 PM.
At 7:26 PM, Volunteer TV News at 7:00 displayed live shots of the blaze from the Volunteer View camera on the top of Baptist Hospital.
Reports from the scene indicate the Knoxville Utility Board will shut down power to the building. Few other details are.
KFD responded to a fire at the same building on Feb. 20th, 2009. That fire was quickly extinguished. Investigators later determined it had started on a conveyer belt and spread to a pile of tire scraps.
Why are we allowing such a hazardous facility to operate within city limits?
- Blurring the Racial Lines (2 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (11 replies)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (65 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (24 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (1 reply)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)
- Island Home apartment project may break ground this week (10 replies)
- The banality of evil (4 replies)
- All-Clad for the win (9 replies)
- Headline fail (5 replies)