The Plume goes on for miles.
Looks like North Hills is going to STINK tonight.
Here's the scoop from WVLT
Firefighters were called to Mac’s Tire Recyclers on Boruff Street around 7:10 PM.
At 7:26 PM, Volunteer TV News at 7:00 displayed live shots of the blaze from the Volunteer View camera on the top of Baptist Hospital.
Reports from the scene indicate the Knoxville Utility Board will shut down power to the building. Few other details are.
KFD responded to a fire at the same building on Feb. 20th, 2009. That fire was quickly extinguished. Investigators later determined it had started on a conveyer belt and spread to a pile of tire scraps.
Why are we allowing such a hazardous facility to operate within city limits?
- Shoulda got Moxley (55 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (1 reply)
- What's the deal with switchblades? (27 replies)
- Fulton Lady Falcons win at state quarterfinals, 67-49 over Cannon County (1 reply)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (7 replies)
- RIP Bobby Drinnon (8 replies)
- U.S. Senate candidate Terry Adams blasts Alexander on veteran votes (6 replies)
- Ex SR No. 4501 Passes FRA Boiler Inspection (1 reply)
- Teacher-candidate wins Seventh District seat by default (61 replies)
- Anti Union Picketing Bill is moving - deferred to next Tuesday 3/11 (13 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (3 replies)
- Major bitcoin exchange vanishes, along with $350 million (37 replies)
- Mar 8 2014 - 6:30pm (1 day 8 hours from now)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 6 days from now)