Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- Happy Thanksgiving! (2 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (342 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (63 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (37 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Right-wing contortions (2 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)
- Lady Justice is Missing (21 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (10 replies)
- From Our "McElroy is Blithering" Dept... (7 replies)
- Epic oil glut sparks super tanker 'traffic jams' at sea (1 reply)
- Refugee roundup (12 replies)