Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- Well, this is awkward (10 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (2 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (10 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (81 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- The Oldest Bar In Every State (14 replies)
- Geek tip for Klipsch owners: Bob Crites (3 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (7 replies)
- Business Buzzword Bingo, 1962. (3 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (1 day 23 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (4 days 19 hours from now)