Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- TBI Announces Suspected Killer of Jajuan Latham Captured in Chattanooga (2 replies)
- Jerry Brown endorses Hillary Clinton (3 replies)
- Geek stuff: Add wireless charging to your phone or tablet (1 reply)
- For You and Me (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (40 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (16 replies)
- 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 today (2 replies)
- Trump uniting the GOP? (8 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (2 replies)
- Payday lenders racking up in Tennessee (3 replies)
- A Record for False Statements in KNS reply (3 replies)
- Air bag recall expanded to millions more cars (6 replies)