Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- UT vs UF - it's on (12 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (4 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds' twitter account suspended (19 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (6 replies)
- Frank Cagle confused about houseboats (10 replies)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (14 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (2 replies)
- BURCHETT LOADING MPC WITH DEVELOPERS (2 replies)
- Technology breakthrough! (1 reply)
- Broadway near Henley closure planned for 2 1/2 years (4 replies)
- South Knox elected official public forum (3 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (3 days 7 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (4 days 12 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (4 days 13 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 2 days from now)