Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- Feeling old, again (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (30 replies)
- City to begin enforcing parking meter time limits (16 replies)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (34 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (46 replies)
- Obama leaving economy better than he found it (4 replies)
- Is Trump a pathological liar? (1 reply)
- Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protest (1 reply)
- MLK Center Job Posting (1 reply)
- Feeling old (1 reply)
- Christmas things to see and do in Knoxville (2 replies)
- Kakistocracy/Kleptocracy era (5 replies)