Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- Looking like a deadlock (14 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (8 replies)
- Uber Problem (14 replies)
- The long awaited "policy positions" of Dem candidate for Governor Charlie Brown (6 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (21 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (55 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (10 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- Sep 4 2014 - 5:30pm (2 days 2 hours from now)
First Friday Celebration and Silent Auction (benefiting UTK College Dems) with Knox Co Democratic PartySep 5 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 2 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)