Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- Trump's Cabinet (71 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (1 reply)
- We are living... (3 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (12 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (58 replies)
- A message (2 replies)
- Companies Are Recycling Their Old News to Avoid Being Blasted in a Trump Tweet (2 replies)
- Roger Kane Insists our Legislature is Incredibly Diverse (4 replies)
- Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) on secularists (8 replies)
- Traffic cameras and the Constitution (3 replies)
- South Waterfront area coffee shop opens (4 replies)
- Some Inauguration Day tips... (1 reply)
- Jan 19 2017 - 7:30pm (1 day 3 min from now)
- Jan 20 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 22 hours from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (2 weeks 1 day from now)