Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- KNS not to endorse in Presidential race (8 replies)
- Debates 3, Climate Change 0 (3 replies)
- Dover to develop South High (5 replies)
- Debate takeaway headlines (11 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Businessman wants to add waterfall to South Knoxville waterfront (21 replies)
- New plans for old church in South Knoxville (11 replies)
- Meeting on changes to SW Form-based Code Thursday 10/20 (1 reply)
- News Sentinel new layout (7 replies)
- Fmr. SC Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer, don't interrupt me darlin (1 reply)
- Noon thread - what a beautiful day! (1 reply)
- Lots of pot found in the middle of West Knoxville (2 replies)