Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (1 reply)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (61 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (19 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (8 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (2 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (29 replies)
- ISIS (80 replies)
- He lost me at "one-time cost" (18 replies)
- KnoxGOP: The best government money can buy (23 replies)
- Dangers hidden in the education debate (9 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (41 replies)
- a fine BLT (22 replies)