Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- Peyton Manning's last game? (8 replies)
- BREAKING: Knox Co. Commissioner Jeff Ownby arrested for indecent exposure at Sharps Ridge (201 replies)
- Pilot update (21 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (57 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (2 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (10 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)
- At least they're trying (4 replies)
- Google Rolls Out Free Gigabit Internet Service to Public Housing (4 replies)
- Gloria Johnson announces State House candidacy (15 replies)
- Knoxville City Council tackles payday lenders (12 replies)
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (9 replies)