Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- Emerald Academy principal named (30 replies)
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (31 replies)
- First Friday Celebration with Knox Co Democratic Party (1 reply)
- Sales tax holiday starts today (1 reply)
- Huffman caves (3 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (10 replies)
- Turnout predictions? (22 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (4 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (33 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)