Janet has worked tirelessly for progressive government and politics for years, and her latest venture is a new, non-partisan approach to citizen journalism and alternative online media.
Formed in February of this year, OpenPen Media "was created for residents of eastern Tennessee and its surrounding regions to address their concerns and voice their opinions as well as address the lack of relevant local news."
OpenPen already has an impressive list of editors and contributors and the content bears this out. Founding board member and web designer Chris Theis has done an outstanding job on the site design and layout which is crisp, professional, and easy to navigate.
- school board meeting underway (52 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (8 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (1 reply)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)
- Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (2 replies)