The Mrs. and I were discussing this the other night. I don't recall a more strident, coordinated attack on policy in quite some time, much of it fueled by disinformation spread by extremist right-wing talk radio propaganda outlets.
There's also the steady stream of talking heads, so-called experts, and Congressional Republicans on the cable "news" shows and op-ed pages telling us how the stimulus bill won't work and we're headed for "socialism". The right-wing bloggers have taken their cue and gone ballistic. They all openly admit they hope for President Obama to fail.
Will it work? And work to do what? Further wreck our economy? What is it they hope to accomplish? More tax cuts? Is it always and only about tax cuts?
Liberals complained loudly for years about Bush policies and nothing happened. Well, nothing except our economy and our respect around the world going down the toilet. Maybe this campaign will have the same effect, i.e. none, and cooler heads will give the plan time work so we can start climbing out of a hole that took Republicans eight years to dig.
On the other hand, liberals complaining loudly consists of an occasional op-ed in the New York Times, Air America chirping, and Keith Olbermann, which are hardly a match for the right-wing, corporate owned propaganda machine.
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (1 reply)
- Shoulda got Moxley (92 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (2 replies)
- CCA under federal investigation (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (32 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (28 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (2 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (5 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (16 replies)
- Fulton Lady Falcons win at state quarterfinals, 67-49 over Cannon County (5 replies)
- Shame on you Gov. Haslam (14 replies)
- What's the deal with switchblades? (27 replies)