The Mrs. and I were discussing this the other night. I don't recall a more strident, coordinated attack on policy in quite some time, much of it fueled by disinformation spread by extremist right-wing talk radio propaganda outlets.
There's also the steady stream of talking heads, so-called experts, and Congressional Republicans on the cable "news" shows and op-ed pages telling us how the stimulus bill won't work and we're headed for "socialism". The right-wing bloggers have taken their cue and gone ballistic. They all openly admit they hope for President Obama to fail.
Will it work? And work to do what? Further wreck our economy? What is it they hope to accomplish? More tax cuts? Is it always and only about tax cuts?
Liberals complained loudly for years about Bush policies and nothing happened. Well, nothing except our economy and our respect around the world going down the toilet. Maybe this campaign will have the same effect, i.e. none, and cooler heads will give the plan time work so we can start climbing out of a hole that took Republicans eight years to dig.
On the other hand, liberals complaining loudly consists of an occasional op-ed in the New York Times, Air America chirping, and Keith Olbermann, which are hardly a match for the right-wing, corporate owned propaganda machine.
- Tyndall fired (14 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (12 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Big Ears is here (7 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)
- Cades Cove, Daffodils, and the CCC (1 reply)
- Tenn. sues to preserve monopolies, restrict citizens' internet access (10 replies)
- Knoxville Mercury survey (1 reply)
- When avoiding ‘climate change’ is literally laughable (2 replies)