I heard that Gridiron Burger's original location in Powell has closed and wonder if they still plan on opening downtown next to the Riviera...anyone heard? If not, what other restaurants or types of restaurants would work best?
Personally, I would like to see our City leaders try to recruit existing restaurants downtown even as satellite locations. If you haven't tried Hong Kong House...it is the most authentic Chinese restaurant in Knoxville and is currently tucked in west Knoxville strip mall behind O'Charley's and across from downtown west. Warning...if your idea of Chinese is sweet & sour chicken, this might be a little too authentic for you.
Another popular restaurant...King Tut's would do very well downtown as would Indian restaurant Sitar...and if anyone can ever get it right----Spanish Tapas would surely be a hit in K-town.
- Women in Black vigils (3 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (36 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (34 replies)
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (39 replies)
- Sales tax holiday weekend starts today (2 replies)
- Huffman caves (4 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (11 replies)
- Ice-free Arctic may come as soon as 2054, study says (9 replies)
- First Friday Celebration with Knox Co Democratic Party (1 reply)
- Turnout predictions? (22 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (4 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (33 replies)