I heard that Gridiron Burger's original location in Powell has closed and wonder if they still plan on opening downtown next to the Riviera...anyone heard? If not, what other restaurants or types of restaurants would work best?
Personally, I would like to see our City leaders try to recruit existing restaurants downtown even as satellite locations. If you haven't tried Hong Kong House...it is the most authentic Chinese restaurant in Knoxville and is currently tucked in west Knoxville strip mall behind O'Charley's and across from downtown west. Warning...if your idea of Chinese is sweet & sour chicken, this might be a little too authentic for you.
Another popular restaurant...King Tut's would do very well downtown as would Indian restaurant Sitar...and if anyone can ever get it right----Spanish Tapas would surely be a hit in K-town.
- Bernie Sanders raises $5.6 million in first 21 hours after NH polls close (1 reply)
- Sears closing more stores (5 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (8 replies)
- U.S. national parks get star treatment in new IMAX film (3 replies)
- Who is the TNReady testing vendor? (1 reply)
- TNReady: Another outsourcing fail (11 replies)
- Thinking Big (1 reply)
- Pilot update (11 replies)
- Super Bowl halftime shows - What a difference 36 years makes (2 replies)
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (11 replies)
- House defers vouchers (2 replies)
- Pilot update (25 replies)