I heard that Gridiron Burger's original location in Powell has closed and wonder if they still plan on opening downtown next to the Riviera...anyone heard? If not, what other restaurants or types of restaurants would work best?
Personally, I would like to see our City leaders try to recruit existing restaurants downtown even as satellite locations. If you haven't tried Hong Kong House...it is the most authentic Chinese restaurant in Knoxville and is currently tucked in west Knoxville strip mall behind O'Charley's and across from downtown west. Warning...if your idea of Chinese is sweet & sour chicken, this might be a little too authentic for you.
Another popular restaurant...King Tut's would do very well downtown as would Indian restaurant Sitar...and if anyone can ever get it right----Spanish Tapas would surely be a hit in K-town.
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (4 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (73 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (13 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (6 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- The Oldest Bar In Every State (14 replies)
- Geek tip for Klipsch owners: Bob Crites (3 replies)
- Shopper-News online (2 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (7 replies)
- Business Buzzword Bingo, 1962. (3 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (53 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 9 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (5 days 5 hours from now)