Happy New Year. Like many of you, we had a house full of company. One of them was my sister in law. This is where I need your help. Your perspective and opinion is needed and valued.
She made some comments about being interested in moving to Knoxville. She would like to be closer to family and have a lower cost of living. She is currently in Denver. I would love to have her close by, but I don't want to appear pushy selling the benefits of Knoxville.
She was concerned where to live because she has only been exposed to West Knoxville. Suburbs are not for her. She currently lives in a cottage style home in a socio/economical diverse neighborhood. She would like to be in a hip, affordable area that has a strong singles population, and not just 20 something singles. She works for a non-profit and would like to pursue some options in that field. She also likes the outdoors. I haven't shared much about all the places she can go within an hour from here and other things to do. Again, not wanting to appear pushy. I think Knoxville could offer a great lifestyle.
What neighborhoods would you suggest? What can I tell her about being in your 30/40's and single in Knoxville? What about working for non-profits here? Who is good to work for? What happenings/events around town can you share with her?
I thought I would just have her read your comments. Thanks everyone.
- Interesting approaches to touring a city (3 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (41 replies)
- ITT Tech stops all student enrollment (3 replies)
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (59 replies)
- How to Transform a Waterfront (1 reply)
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Sep 8 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 20 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (5 weeks 5 days from now)