Just the other day I was thinking that computers and software have solved just about all the problems they can, from space travel to word processing, yet there's always some new technology around the corner that nobody needs.
Then today, I learned about this. The Juicero is a $400 internet-connected, app controlled juicer that requires a weekly subscription of juice packs costing up to $8 each per eight ounces of juice. The reason it's connected to the internet?
IT PROVIDES TRANSPARENCY
We’ll be able to tell you the ingredients, nutrition, and exact sources of the organic fruits and vegetables you’re currently drinking.
IT KEEPS YOUR PRESS IN OPTIMAL SHAPE
Your firmware is effortlessly, automatically updated.
IT TRACKS CONSUMPTION AND MINIMIZES WASTE
Our Press and the Juicero app sync so you always know which Packs you’ve consumed, and which ones remain. The app will also notify you when Packs are about to expire.
IT ENSURES YOU'RE DRINKING THE HIGHEST QUALITY JUICE
In the rare instance where a produce recall has been initiated, we have the ability to prevent the Press from pressing affected Packs. This enables us to offer the freshest, safest product possible.
Early funding rounds value the company at half a billion dollars. The founder compares himself to Steve Jobs.
(Funny story. It turns out you can squeeze the juice packs by hand and get almost the same result without buying a $400 juicer or connecting to the internet.)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (33 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (1 reply)
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- How state policies affect the success or failure of Obamacare (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (8 replies)
- Great opening lyrics (167 replies)
- City responds to Beacon Center dumbass (8 replies)
- They put the last clean shirt on my poor brother Bill (2 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 36 min from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (2 days 7 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (3 days 6 hours from now)