Today's Knox County Commission workshop agenda has two resolutions that would pave the way for establishing a "Behavioral Health Urgent Care Center located at 3343 Dewine Road to provide an alternative to jail for qualified low risk offenders who in the opinion of the arresting officer or Judge, have exhibited signs of mental illness and/or substance abuse, and for whom treatment rather than incarceration will be beneficial."
One resolution is for a contract with Helen Ross McNabb to operate the facility. The other resolution is for a lease agreement for the facility.
Local officials have discussed the idea for years. The City and the County have both allocated funds. According to news reports, Gov. Haslam has set aside state funding in this year's budget.
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (32 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- How state policies affect the success or failure of Obamacare (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (8 replies)
- Great opening lyrics (167 replies)
- City responds to Beacon Center dumbass (8 replies)
- They put the last clean shirt on my poor brother Bill (2 replies)
- New Urbanism Pessimism (4 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 10 hours from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (2 days 16 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (3 days 16 hours from now)