Knox Co. sample ballot (PDF format).
Unofficial Blount Co. sample ballot.
(As of this morning, a sample ballot was not yet available on the Blount Co. Election Commission website. We called about it yesterday, and they said they are "working on it." A sample ballot was printed in Monday's Maryville Daily Times, but we couldn't find it online. This sample ballot was transcribed from the newspaper.)
UPDATE: Official Blount Co. >sample ballot.
Knox County info:
Early Voting from July 14th to July 29th. Open 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Closed Sundays. July 27, 28, 29 Open late, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Voters from any precinct can vote at any of Knox County's seven early voting centers.
Knox Co. Election Commission Website
Early voting locations (PDF)
County general election candidates
County general write-in candidates
State and federal candidates
Knox Co. sample ballot (PDF format)
Blount County info:
Early Voting from Friday, July 14 Through Saturday, July 29, 2006 (except Sundays). Monday throught Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Saturdays 9:00 AM to 12 Noon. Early Voting is at the Blount County Court House, Blount Co. Election Commission Office on the first floor. Ample parking is available.
E-Slate voting machine info:
Both Knox and Blount Co. are using new E-Slate electronic voting machines. Knox County's were just recently delivered and will be used for the first time in the Aug. 3rd election. Blount County used them in the May 2nd primary. They are simple to use.
Here is an interactive demo from the Knox Co. Election Commission's website (use your mouse to operate it just like the real thing). Here's a page explaining the procedure from the Blount Co. Election Commission's website.
Knox County voters can "test drive" the new voting machines at any of the seven early voting centers Saturday, July 15th, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
State of Tennessee state/federal primary candidates:
Tennessee Ticket's state/federal candidate pages:
Some Knox County recommendations:
Thomas "Tank" Strickland, County Commission 1-B
Mark Harmon, County Commission 2-A
Amy Broyles, County Commission 2-B (Write-in)
Colvin Idol, County Commission 3-B
Joan Wagner, County Commission 4-A
Tom Salter, County Commission 5-C
Steve McGill, County Commission 9-A
Martin Pleasant, County Commission 9-B
Randy Tyree, Sheriff
Scott Emge, Register of Deeds
Jim Andrews, Chancery Court Division 3
Andy Jackson, General Sessions Court Division 4
Ken Irvine, Criminal Court Judge Division 2
Some Blount County recommendations:
Joe Gallagher, County Mayor
Ernie Tallent, County Commission 1-A
Lowell Ridings, County Commission 2-B
Wendy Pitt Reeves, County Commission 4-C
Bob Proffitt, County Commission 6-B
Linda Jo Dees, County Commission 7-A
Some State/federal primary recommendations:
Phil Bredesen, Governor
Harold Ford, Jr., U.S. Senate
John J. Duncan, Jr., U.S. House Dist. 2 (Republican primary)
Schree Pettigrew, State Rep. Dist. 18
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (1 reply)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (6 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (11 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)
- Mar 24 2017 - 9:00am (4 hours 45 min ago)
- Mar 28 2017 - 6:30pm (4 days 4 hours from now)
- Mar 29 2017 - 12:00pm (4 days 22 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (4 weeks 6 days from now)