TN business incentive tally: $2.5B per year (double national average): In exchange for taxpayer support, businesses are expected to generate jobs and spur economic growth.
See also: RoaneViews...
I would add that the $2.5 billion in indirect corporate welfare could be spent directly on infrastructure and school improvements and create 30,000 jobs in the process.
- Living Walls, Two (1 reply)
- Mayor Rogero's budget focuses on affordable housing, sustainability (4 replies)
- Corker saving Social Security? (19 replies)
- Loss of institutional knowledge already showing at the KNS McPaper (2 replies)
- No Hornback in Shopper (4 replies)
- Shocker at the Shopper (28 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (5 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (4 replies)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (17 replies)
- You Thought It Was An Urgent Care Center, Until You Got the Bill (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (117 replies)
- Regulating short term rentals in Knoxville (8 replies)