TN business incentive tally: $2.5B per year (double national average): In exchange for taxpayer support, businesses are expected to generate jobs and spur economic growth.
See also: RoaneViews...
I would add that the $2.5 billion in indirect corporate welfare could be spent directly on infrastructure and school improvements and create 30,000 jobs in the process.
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (12 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (8 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (1 reply)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)