Dean Stone retired in December, 2015, after 66 years with The Daily Times. He continued to contribute after his retirement. I knew something was wrong when his byline wasn't showing up anymore.
I remember attending the 125th anniversary of The Daily Times, which was also a celebration of Dean Stone's 84th birthday.
Dean Stone passed away yesterday at the age of 92.
I (R. Neal) can attest from our personal experience with him that Dean Stone is tough but fair, and one of the nicest people you could ever want to meet.
For example, he personally approves every letter to the editor that gets published. And they must be printed on paper, and mailed or hand delivered (which we have done on occasion). He does not accept email submissions.
Dean Stone will be missed but he will not be forgotten for his contributions to our community.
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (12 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (8 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (1 reply)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)