NYT and WaPo reporting that NatSec director Michael Flynn has resigned after it became clear he lied about the content of his calls during the transition in which he discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with their ambassador.
WaPo reports AG Sally Yates warned Trump administration Gen. Flynn was vulnerable to Russian blackmail. Trump did nothing then. Why not?
The message, delivered by Sally Q. Yates and a senior career national security official to the White House counsel, was prompted by concerns that Flynn, when asked about his calls and texts with the Russian diplomat, had told Vice President-elect Mike Pence and others that he had not discussed the Obama administration sanctions on Russia for its interference in the 2016 election, the officials said. It is unclear what the White House counsel, Donald McGahn, did with the information.
The current and former officials said that although they believed that Pence was misled about the contents of Flynn’s communications with the Russian ambassador, they couldn’t rule out that Flynn was acting with the knowledge of others in the transition.
Due to these dynamics the IC has been operating as if the Trump administration has been compromised by Russian foreign intelligence. Does it end with Flynn being out?
What’s going on was explained lucidly by a senior Pentagon intelligence official, who stated that “since January 20, we’ve assumed that the Kremlin has ears inside the SITROOM,” meaning the White House Situation Room, the 5,500 square-foot conference room in the West Wing where the president and his top staffers get intelligence briefings. “There’s not much the Russians don’t know at this point,” the official added in wry frustration.
US Congressman Jimmy Duncan (865) 523-3772) should take a look at the following questions:
What did Bannon/Miller know?
What did Pence (who was running transition) know?
What did Trump know?
What is in Trump's tax returns?
Meanwhile AP reporting that Russian lawmakers are mounting fierce defense of Flynn.
Russian lawmakers mount fierce defense of Flynn
PS - if one is an officer in an intel unit what does one say to their soldiers after they've seen pictures of a president on his privately owned patio looking at NatSec documents while dozens of non-staffers are milling about taking pictures of it all?
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (3 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (10 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)
- Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll pioneer, dead at 90 (1 reply)
- Mar 24 2017 - 9:00am (21 min 28 sec from now)
- Mar 28 2017 - 6:30pm (4 days 9 hours from now)
- Mar 29 2017 - 12:00pm (5 days 3 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (4 weeks 6 days from now)