Roy Mullins has posted a letter to school board members on the KCS Web site. The letter makes 4 concessions, designed to secure 5 votes for the rezoning plan.
Leaving the Holston Hills kids at Carter should secure support from Jim Williams (worried about a diminished enrollment at Carter) and Sam Anderson (who raised the objection at the April 18 workshop).
Concessions on grandfathering siblings and on the Bearden zone should help solidify support from Karen Carson and Dan Murphy.
There is a strong desire on the board to get this rezoning finished. Sadly, there was no concession for Powell -- the community hardest hit by the plan. -- s.
- AP interview of Trump (2 replies)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (34 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP (1 reply)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (1 reply)
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- How state policies affect the success or failure of Obamacare (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (8 replies)
- Great opening lyrics (167 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (1 day 17 hours from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (1 day 23 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 23 hours from now)