Let me see if I've got this straight.
The Rumsfeld Doctrine is to preemptively invade countries that are not a threat to the U.S. without any plan for a post-invasion occupation, assume it will only take three weeks and we will be greeted as liberators and democracy will magically flourish thus defeating terrorism, and three years later we will stay the course by sending our soldiers out on sitting-duck patrols to get blown up by a faceless enemy we can't (correction: mostly can't) shoot back at, and this is a "war" on "terror" and if you don't agree you are a Nazi appeaser and a traitor.
This doesn't seem like much of a "war" on anything, except the Constitution. Our presence doesn't seem to provide much "stability", and it hasn't seemed to result in much of anything except U.S. casualties, Iraqi civilian deaths, and hundreds of billions of dollars wasted.
Rumsfeld, though, seems like a world class idiot and a madman. His alleged "boss" is an idiot manchild who couldn't find Iraq on a map until Dick Cheney showed him. Continuing this disastrous policy doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than its criminally negligent architects "saving face."
And the 60% or so of Americans who oppose the failed occupation of Iraq under incompetent U.S. civilian leadership just sit around and take being called traitors and appeasers by their elected officials on the evening news as if this is all perfectly normal and acceptable.
Does that about sum it up?
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (54 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (13 replies)
- What your Congressman thinks of you (8 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)