I just visited Archer's BBQ for the first time and wanted to share some initial impressions. This isn't a full-on review, since I've only been there once, and I've only tried their ribs. I'll do a full review at some point in the future, after I've had a chance to visit a few more times and try their other dishes.
For now, here's the short version:
Thumbs up! Yum!
Slightly longer version:
The ribs were succulent, smoky, and so tender they fell off the bone. A half rack with two sides was $14.99.
This is a Memphis-style BBQ, but served with your choice of six different sauces, each maintaining the integrity of its origins: Memphis, St. Louis, Kansas City, Carolina Mustard, Carolina Vinegar, and their Original sauce.
I tried all six sauces. The Memphis is a little sweet, not spicy, and a little smoky. The Original is pretty much a Memphis-style sauce, but spicier than the one labeled Memphis. My personal favorites were the Original, the St. Louis, and the Carolina Vinegar.
Their hush puppies are excellent, bite-sized little morsels of perfectly done corn meal goodness. Loved 'em.
I'll definitely be back.
The restaurant is located at 11151 Kingston Pike.See all NoshViews reviews...
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (32 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- How state policies affect the success or failure of Obamacare (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (8 replies)
- Great opening lyrics (167 replies)
- City responds to Beacon Center dumbass (8 replies)
- They put the last clean shirt on my poor brother Bill (2 replies)
- New Urbanism Pessimism (4 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 18 hours from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (3 days 1 hour from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (4 days 47 min from now)