City press release...
PROOF OF INSURANCE NOW REQUIRED TO RETRIEVE IMPOUNDED VEHICLES
Because of a change in a City ordinance to reflect state law, anyone retrieving a vehicle from the City of Knoxville Impoundment Lot will now need to present proof of insurance. City Council approved the revised ordinance on second reading at its meeting on March 14.
State of Tennessee law requires all vehicle owners to have insurance. Under the revised City ordinance, anyone seeking to retrieve a vehicle from the lot on Vice Mayor Jack Sharp Road in East Knoxville must bring proof of insurance, a government-issued picture ID, a licensed driver, and proof of vehicle ownership. They also must pay any fees for towing and storage at the Impoundment Lot.
The Impoundment Lot is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, but vehicles are only released between 8 a.m. and midnight.
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (32 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- How state policies affect the success or failure of Obamacare (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (8 replies)
- Great opening lyrics (167 replies)
- City responds to Beacon Center dumbass (8 replies)
- They put the last clean shirt on my poor brother Bill (2 replies)
- New Urbanism Pessimism (4 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 9 hours from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (2 days 16 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (3 days 15 hours from now)