Bruce Poston arrested on drug charges. TBI press release after the break...
DEFENSE ATTORNEY ARRESTED, CHARGED IN TBI CASE
KNOXVILLE-The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has arrested a Knoxville defense attorney in connection to an ongoing investigation.
At the request of District Attorney General Greeley Wells, the TBI began investigating Bruce Edward Poston on January 22, 2014. A woman stepped forward to the Knox County District Attorney General’s Office and the TBI, stating Poston was supplying her with money and pills. She also claimed a sexual relationship with Poston.
The woman told investigators the 67-year-old represented her husband in a criminal matter and further alleged Poston mishandled her husband’s case in order to further his sexual relationship with her.
During the investigation, an undercover operation corroborated the information provided by the complainant, which included the delivery of pills by Poston.
Today, the Knox County Grand Jury returned indictments on the Concord man, charging him with two counts of Delivery of a Controlled Substance, one count of Attempted Delivery of a Controlled Substance, and two counts of Violation of Driver’s License Law. Poston was subsequently booked into the Knox County Jail, posted a $3,000 bond, and was released. The case remains active and ongoing.
- Campus facilities management outsourcing announced (5 replies)
- Gannett swings the axe again... (18 replies)
- Safety center advancing (2 replies)
- A robot that burns Donald Trump's tweets (1 reply)
- Trump budget (15 replies)
- Tesla on autopilot hits police motorcycle (1 reply)
- Former FCC chairman: Things are 'going the way I feared' (2 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (18 replies)
- Drum solos that don't suck (2 replies)
- As more Americans fail drug tests, employers turn to refugees (1 reply)
- How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump came into office (5 replies)
- Maybe Trump should try single payer? (1 reply)