IMO, there are two competing theories of the progressive idea.
The left wing theory & the Chamber of Commerce theory.
But both theories agree..be wary of Party politics.
The left wing progressive theory is that government should protect the weak from the mighty.
The Chamber of Commerce progressive theory is that good government produces the best results.
The left wing progressive thinks..ISSUE.
The Chamber of Commerce progressive thinks..PROCESS.
When one looks @ Black Wednesday..we can see the
competing theories of the progressive idea.
The left wing progressives hit the streets.
The Chamber of Commerce progressives went to Court.
We all won.
City races are non partisan because both the left wing
progressives & the Chamber of Commerce progressives are wary of Party politics.
You know you're a progressive..
If Party means nothing in the 2011 City elections.
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (12 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)