Much has been said here about the decline of Ruby Tuesday. No need to rehash all that.
But tonight we were making homemade quiche and French onion soup (well, mostly homemade, with some assists).
It occurred to us that this used to be one of our favorite meals at the old Ruby Tuesday. We recalled how you could still order it off the menu for a while after they started expanding and messing with their winning formula.
It was a sad day the last time we asked for it, after the corporate suits had taken over, and their hipster servers talking on their iPhones while ignoring you didn't even know what it was, or anything about the restaurant's history or their first location off Cumberland Ave.
Anyway, things change, time marches on. Now Ruby Tuesday is circling the drain and looking for a buyer, who will likely run it even further into the ground. Very sad.
At least our quiche and French onion soup was pretty great tonight.
- How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump came into office (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (54 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (13 replies)
- What your Congressman thinks of you (8 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)