Much has been said here about the decline of Ruby Tuesday. No need to rehash all that.
But tonight we were making homemade quiche and French onion soup (well, mostly homemade, with some assists).
It occurred to us that this used to be one of our favorite meals at the old Ruby Tuesday. We recalled how you could still order it off the menu for a while after they started expanding and messing with their winning formula.
It was a sad day the last time we asked for it, after the corporate suits had taken over, and their hipster servers talking on their iPhones while ignoring you didn't even know what it was, or anything about the restaurant's history or their first location off Cumberland Ave.
Anyway, things change, time marches on. Now Ruby Tuesday is circling the drain and looking for a buyer, who will likely run it even further into the ground. Very sad.
At least our quiche and French onion soup was pretty great tonight.
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (32 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- How state policies affect the success or failure of Obamacare (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (8 replies)
- Great opening lyrics (167 replies)
- City responds to Beacon Center dumbass (8 replies)
- They put the last clean shirt on my poor brother Bill (2 replies)
- New Urbanism Pessimism (4 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 9 hours from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (2 days 16 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (3 days 15 hours from now)