Local media is lit up with the big news that Pilot has named PepsiCo president John Compton as CEO.
(Or, as Reuters put it, Compton is leaving PepsiCo to become the CEO of a truck stop operator.)
Which brings immediately to mind the infamous hiring of John Sculley to head up Apple.
Except, Pilot is no Apple. And a former PepsiCo executive might be a good fit for a gas, beer, cigs, carbs and lotto enterprise. Should be right up in his wheelhouse. And he probably won't be firing any founding executives.
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (11 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)