It's best for you, it's best for the local economy, and it's best for improving the diversity and quality of our community. Toward those ends, I want to share with you my impressions of locally owned restaurants in Knoxville and the surrounding communities. I won't review chains, but I may review a local restaurant with multiple locations, as long as each is sufficiently unique.
Knoxville is home to restaurants of many different cuisines across an enormous price range; my reviews will reflect that diversity. I might review a cheap dive, followed by a review of the latest high-end pleasure dome serving the most expensive haute cuisine. I'm up for just about any kind of food as long as it's well made and interesting.
I'll also review certain special events, like street festivals, wine tastings, beer dinners, and other such one-off occasions. Those events quite often feature the very best of local cuisine and are deserving of more comprehensive and thorough coverage.
These reviews will be sporadic, depending entirely on my personal whim, budget, and schedule. Speaking of whims, each review will include an admittedly subjective and non-empirical star rating. They represent my opinion, and nothing more.
Comments are welcome, but please keep it civil. The site rules for the rest of KnoxViews apply to this section of the site as well.
My latest reviews for NoshViews are listed below.
- Gosh (****) Ethiopian 08/29/2011
- A quick note on Archer's BBQ 05/07/2011
- Sunday brunch at RouXbarb (*****) Nouveau Southern 04/25/2011
- Hard Knox Pizza (***) Pizza 04/19/2011
- Dinner at The Grill At Highlands Row (*****) Contemporary American 04/11/2011
- Dinner at Dead End BBQ (****) BBQ 04/04/2011
- Dinner at Cru (*****) Contemporary American small plates 03/31/2011
- Lunch at Homeland Cafe (*****) Polish, with some Spanish, Latin American, and German 03/28/2011
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (7 replies)
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (14 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (4 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (6 replies)
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- ISIS (144 replies)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (16 replies)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (2 days 6 hours from now)
- Nov 4 2014 - 8:00pm (4 days 11 hours from now)