It's best for you, it's best for the local economy, and it's best for improving the diversity and quality of our community. Toward those ends, I want to share with you my impressions of locally owned restaurants in Knoxville and the surrounding communities. I won't review chains, but I may review a local restaurant with multiple locations, as long as each is sufficiently unique.
Knoxville is home to restaurants of many different cuisines across an enormous price range; my reviews will reflect that diversity. I might review a cheap dive, followed by a review of the latest high-end pleasure dome serving the most expensive haute cuisine. I'm up for just about any kind of food as long as it's well made and interesting.
I'll also review certain special events, like street festivals, wine tastings, beer dinners, and other such one-off occasions. Those events quite often feature the very best of local cuisine and are deserving of more comprehensive and thorough coverage.
These reviews will be sporadic, depending entirely on my personal whim, budget, and schedule. Speaking of whims, each review will include an admittedly subjective and non-empirical star rating. They represent my opinion, and nothing more.
Comments are welcome, but please keep it civil. The site rules for the rest of KnoxViews apply to this section of the site as well.
My latest reviews for NoshViews are listed below.
- Gosh (****) Ethiopian 08/29/2011
- A quick note on Archer's BBQ 05/07/2011
- Sunday brunch at RouXbarb (*****) Nouveau Southern 04/25/2011
- Hard Knox Pizza (***) Pizza 04/19/2011
- Dinner at The Grill At Highlands Row (*****) Contemporary American 04/11/2011
- Dinner at Dead End BBQ (****) BBQ 04/04/2011
- Dinner at Cru (*****) Contemporary American small plates 03/31/2011
- Lunch at Homeland Cafe (*****) Polish, with some Spanish, Latin American, and German 03/28/2011
- U.N. Weather Agency: It's Record Hot Out There This Year (4 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (67 replies)
- Republican State Rep: new traffic law needed to help him get home (16 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (344 replies)
- Gunman attacks Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic (17 replies)
- Local attorney K.O. Herston picked by American Bar Assoc. for Top 100 Law Blogs (1 reply)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (12 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (39 replies)
- We are TARGEEEEET!!! (1 reply)
- Right-wing contortions (3 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (2 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Dec 1 2015 - 5:30pm (18 hours 33 min from now)
- Dec 10 2015 - 5:30pm (1 week 2 days from now)