"We should never have entered into discussions with Sen. Corker, but we did because of the importance of what was going on here," Gettelfinger said. "And it failed. And it's not because we didn't have a tentative agreement. It's because" Corker "could not deliver at the end of the day."
First rule of negotiating: Make sure you are negotiating with the one who can sign on the line that is dotted.
In related news, Gettelfinger accuses Southern senators of union busting:
"They thought perhaps they could have a twofer here maybe: Pierce the heart of organized labor while representing the foreign brands," UAW President Ron Gettelfinger said at a Friday morning news conference in Detroit.
Harsh. But true.
- Rowan Co. KY county clerk in the national spotlight for defying U.S. Supreme Court (18 replies)
- Art or advertising? Magpies and city trying to sort it out (1 reply)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (8 replies)
- Tennessee judge won't grant divorce because the gays win (3 replies)
- State officials promote 'low-cost labor force' to lure foreign industries to Tennessee (2 replies)
- State seeks input on proposed law to charge for public records inspection (1 reply)
- The beast has more than one belly: (21 replies)
- Cades Cove this morning (5 replies)
- City of Alcoa looking for better growth management (1 reply)
- Angry Ohio GOP Demands Cuyahoga NP Be Renamed for Palin (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (8 replies)
- Sep 4 2015 - 6:00pm (11 hours 37 min from now)
- Sep 4 2015 - 7:00pm (12 hours 37 min from now)
- Sep 11 2015 - 6:30pm (1 week 12 hours from now)