The bank said it plans to use the capital to expand lending and other business capabilities, and may also explore potential acquisitions.
"Our participation in the Capital Purchase Program enhances SunTrust's already solid capital position and will permit us to further expand our business and take advantage of growth opportunities," James M. Wells III, chairman, president and chief executive, said in a statement.
I thought we were bailing out failing banks?
- Haslam's legacy (20 replies)
- The best states for bicycling (12 replies)
- David Letterman signs off (2 replies)
- Good guys just stand out (1 reply)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (3 replies)
- DTV Features Honor Air Knoxville and Eddie Mannis (1 reply)
- Boy Scout president calls for end to ban on gay leaders (2 replies)
- Haven't bragged about the SIL lately (3 replies)
- State and federal complaints filed against Knoxville charity (18 replies)
- Politically connected defendant will plead guilty to a lesser charge (9 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Takata Air Bag Recall grows (5 replies)
- May 22 2015 - 6:00pm (4 hours 46 min ago)
- May 22 2015 - 7:30pm (3 hours 16 min ago)
- May 26 2015 - 5:30pm (3 days 18 hours from now)
- May 27 2015 - 5:30pm (4 days 18 hours from now)