The bank said it plans to use the capital to expand lending and other business capabilities, and may also explore potential acquisitions.
"Our participation in the Capital Purchase Program enhances SunTrust's already solid capital position and will permit us to further expand our business and take advantage of growth opportunities," James M. Wells III, chairman, president and chief executive, said in a statement.
I thought we were bailing out failing banks?
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (11 replies)
- McMillan elected School Board Chair (1 reply)
- Um, Greg Johnson? Haslam's free tuition plan NOT "first-in-the-nation," just screwiest (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (3 replies)
- EBT confusion (96 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (29 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (82 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (11 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (15 hours 31 min from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (3 days 11 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 15 hours from now)