The bank said it plans to use the capital to expand lending and other business capabilities, and may also explore potential acquisitions.
"Our participation in the Capital Purchase Program enhances SunTrust's already solid capital position and will permit us to further expand our business and take advantage of growth opportunities," James M. Wells III, chairman, president and chief executive, said in a statement.
I thought we were bailing out failing banks?
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (8 replies)
- Bar Marley (4 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (11 replies)
- A future for I-40? (17 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (53 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (12 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (2 replies)
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (3 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (38 replies)
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (2 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (1 hour 58 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (1 day 3 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (1 day 4 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 3 hours from now)