The bank said it plans to use the capital to expand lending and other business capabilities, and may also explore potential acquisitions.
"Our participation in the Capital Purchase Program enhances SunTrust's already solid capital position and will permit us to further expand our business and take advantage of growth opportunities," James M. Wells III, chairman, president and chief executive, said in a statement.
I thought we were bailing out failing banks?
- The Dean is signing off (3 replies)
- TDOT making Chapman Highway safety improvements (2 replies)
- Alcoa Hwy closed this morning UT Hospital northbound (5 replies)
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (19 replies)
- Infrastructure grades (5 replies)
- Welcome, Andi! (1 reply)
- Dark money comes to school board races. The source? Charter school advocates (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (31 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (63 replies)
- The millennial vote? (12 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (22 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (19 replies)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (5 days 2 hours from now)
- Oct 7 2016 - 6:00pm (6 days 2 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 2 days from now)
- Oct 16 2016 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 1 day from now)