The bank said it plans to use the capital to expand lending and other business capabilities, and may also explore potential acquisitions.
"Our participation in the Capital Purchase Program enhances SunTrust's already solid capital position and will permit us to further expand our business and take advantage of growth opportunities," James M. Wells III, chairman, president and chief executive, said in a statement.
I thought we were bailing out failing banks?
- Blurring the Racial Lines (16 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (38 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (32 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (16 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (65 replies)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)
- Island Home apartment project may break ground this week (10 replies)
- The banality of evil (4 replies)