The bank said it plans to use the capital to expand lending and other business capabilities, and may also explore potential acquisitions.
"Our participation in the Capital Purchase Program enhances SunTrust's already solid capital position and will permit us to further expand our business and take advantage of growth opportunities," James M. Wells III, chairman, president and chief executive, said in a statement.
I thought we were bailing out failing banks?
- Duncan-Massey fundraiser raises eyebrows (33 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (29 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (3 replies)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (2 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- I'd vote for her (1 reply)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (10 replies)
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (8 replies)
- Epic troll (1 reply)
- White House blocks news organizations from press briefing (6 replies)
- The How & Why (1 reply)
- More signs of spring (1 reply)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 day 9 hours from now)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (6 days 1 hour from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)