The bank said it plans to use the capital to expand lending and other business capabilities, and may also explore potential acquisitions.
"Our participation in the Capital Purchase Program enhances SunTrust's already solid capital position and will permit us to further expand our business and take advantage of growth opportunities," James M. Wells III, chairman, president and chief executive, said in a statement.
I thought we were bailing out failing banks?
- Sears closing more stores (3 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (6 replies)
- U.S. national parks get star treatment in new IMAX film (3 replies)
- Who is the TNReady testing vendor? (1 reply)
- TNReady: Another outsourcing fail (11 replies)
- Thinking Big (1 reply)
- Pilot update (11 replies)
- Super Bowl halftime shows - What a difference 36 years makes (2 replies)
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (11 replies)
- House defers vouchers (2 replies)
- Pilot update (25 replies)
- Alcoa pedestrian bridge grand opening (9 replies)