The bank said it plans to use the capital to expand lending and other business capabilities, and may also explore potential acquisitions.
"Our participation in the Capital Purchase Program enhances SunTrust's already solid capital position and will permit us to further expand our business and take advantage of growth opportunities," James M. Wells III, chairman, president and chief executive, said in a statement.
I thought we were bailing out failing banks?
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (1 reply)
- Shoulda got Moxley (92 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (2 replies)
- CCA under federal investigation (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (32 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (28 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (2 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (5 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (16 replies)
- Fulton Lady Falcons win at state quarterfinals, 67-49 over Cannon County (5 replies)
- Shame on you Gov. Haslam (14 replies)
- What's the deal with switchblades? (27 replies)