The bank said it plans to use the capital to expand lending and other business capabilities, and may also explore potential acquisitions.
"Our participation in the Capital Purchase Program enhances SunTrust's already solid capital position and will permit us to further expand our business and take advantage of growth opportunities," James M. Wells III, chairman, president and chief executive, said in a statement.
I thought we were bailing out failing banks?
- Hot fun in the Summertime (2 replies)
- What are Democrats fighting about? (22 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (3 replies)
- Carie Wade Gervin lands at the Scene (6 replies)
- Andrew Johnson and historical guests (1 reply)
- TNGOP nuts win: UT will no longer promote diversity (1 reply)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (60 replies)
- Knoxville mayor appoints three new MPC members (7 replies)
- Germany's renewable energy (14 replies)
- Wireless Smart Meters Coming Summer 2016 brought to you by KUB (4 replies)