The bank said it plans to use the capital to expand lending and other business capabilities, and may also explore potential acquisitions.
"Our participation in the Capital Purchase Program enhances SunTrust's already solid capital position and will permit us to further expand our business and take advantage of growth opportunities," James M. Wells III, chairman, president and chief executive, said in a statement.
I thought we were bailing out failing banks?
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (183 replies)
- Send Lawyers, Guns and Money (205 replies)
- Metro Pulse and Cas Walker (3 replies)
- See Gloria Johnson Slam Eddie Smith (19 replies)
- We loved Metro Pulse rally (11 replies)
- News Sentinel endorses Gloria Johnson, NO on Amendment 1 (38 replies)
- BREAKING: Halls Shopper joins the 21st Century, fans rejoice! (12 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- The real takeaway from the 2nd D. school board forum (15 replies)
- Uh, what? (29 replies)
- USGS updates earthquake hazard for East Tennessee (2 replies)
- Meet Eddie Smith with Lamar Alexander! (37 replies)
- Oct 20 2014 - 11:00am (3 hours 11 min ago)
- Oct 20 2014 - 6:30pm (4 hours 18 min from now)
- Oct 23 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 3 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)