Looks like "the Baptist," as our south Knox kin affectionately call it, is on life support.
"Newly formed Mercy Health Partners will close inpatient services at its Downtown Knoxville Baptist Hospital location within 12 months, a source familiar with the situation has confirmed to 10News."
Now this part is interesting: "Members of Mercy administration tell Ten News the board has committed to a long-range plan of placing a new hospital in the downtown Knoxville area. The memo also affirms that intent."
Betcha a dollar to a donut they're looking at the Atlantic Mills/Palm Beach property off of Baxter Avenue.
Just a hunch.
- Duncan-Massey fundraiser raises eyebrows (33 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (29 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (3 replies)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (2 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- I'd vote for her (1 reply)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (10 replies)
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (8 replies)
- Epic troll (1 reply)
- White House blocks news organizations from press briefing (6 replies)
- The How & Why (1 reply)
- More signs of spring (1 reply)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 day 9 hours from now)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (6 days 1 hour from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)