Looks like "the Baptist," as our south Knox kin affectionately call it, is on life support.
"Newly formed Mercy Health Partners will close inpatient services at its Downtown Knoxville Baptist Hospital location within 12 months, a source familiar with the situation has confirmed to 10News."
Now this part is interesting: "Members of Mercy administration tell Ten News the board has committed to a long-range plan of placing a new hospital in the downtown Knoxville area. The memo also affirms that intent."
Betcha a dollar to a donut they're looking at the Atlantic Mills/Palm Beach property off of Baxter Avenue.
Just a hunch.
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (8 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (61 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (12 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds' twitter account suspended (19 replies)
- Frank Cagle confused about houseboats (10 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (2 replies)
- BURCHETT LOADING MPC WITH DEVELOPERS (2 replies)
- Technology breakthrough! (1 reply)
- Broadway near Henley closure planned for 2 1/2 years (4 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (2 days 8 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (3 days 13 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (3 days 14 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 1 day from now)