Looks like "the Baptist," as our south Knox kin affectionately call it, is on life support.
"Newly formed Mercy Health Partners will close inpatient services at its Downtown Knoxville Baptist Hospital location within 12 months, a source familiar with the situation has confirmed to 10News."
Now this part is interesting: "Members of Mercy administration tell Ten News the board has committed to a long-range plan of placing a new hospital in the downtown Knoxville area. The memo also affirms that intent."
Betcha a dollar to a donut they're looking at the Atlantic Mills/Palm Beach property off of Baxter Avenue.
Just a hunch.
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (18 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (16 replies)
- Huffman caves (1 reply)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (2 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (2 replies)
- Open letter to spammers (10 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (3 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)