Looks like "the Baptist," as our south Knox kin affectionately call it, is on life support.
"Newly formed Mercy Health Partners will close inpatient services at its Downtown Knoxville Baptist Hospital location within 12 months, a source familiar with the situation has confirmed to 10News."
Now this part is interesting: "Members of Mercy administration tell Ten News the board has committed to a long-range plan of placing a new hospital in the downtown Knoxville area. The memo also affirms that intent."
Betcha a dollar to a donut they're looking at the Atlantic Mills/Palm Beach property off of Baxter Avenue.
Just a hunch.
- KCS Middle School Analysis now available for public review (2 replies)
- Being Poor Affects Kids' Brains, Study Finds (3 replies)
- Big Ears is here (26 replies)
- Senate passes vouchers, House passes guns in parks (6 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (13 replies)
- This should be interesting (4 replies)
- Sunrises? (6 replies)
- "Lady Vols" in the NCAA Tournament (11 replies)
- Headline fail (18 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (18 replies)
- Good Morning Ladies! (4 replies)
- Breaking the rule (6 replies)