Looks like "the Baptist," as our south Knox kin affectionately call it, is on life support.
"Newly formed Mercy Health Partners will close inpatient services at its Downtown Knoxville Baptist Hospital location within 12 months, a source familiar with the situation has confirmed to 10News."
Now this part is interesting: "Members of Mercy administration tell Ten News the board has committed to a long-range plan of placing a new hospital in the downtown Knoxville area. The memo also affirms that intent."
Betcha a dollar to a donut they're looking at the Atlantic Mills/Palm Beach property off of Baxter Avenue.
Just a hunch.
- Parthenon Group to propose KCS cuts tonight (92 replies)
- Gordon Ball for U.S. Senate campaign kickoff (2 replies)
- Too late to- Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (37 replies)
- Baptist Hospital demolition underway (8 replies)
- Via TREE - The Latest on Voucher Bill (8 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (12 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (309 replies)
- Fresenius Medical Care Invests $140 Million To Locate Manufacturing Facility In Knoxville (1 reply)
- TEA sues Knox Co. Schools (3 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (14 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Mar 14 2014 - 4:30pm (2 days 3 hours from now)
- Mar 19 2014 - 12:00pm (6 days 22 hours from now)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Mar 25 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 6 days from now)