Looks like "the Baptist," as our south Knox kin affectionately call it, is on life support.
"Newly formed Mercy Health Partners will close inpatient services at its Downtown Knoxville Baptist Hospital location within 12 months, a source familiar with the situation has confirmed to 10News."
Now this part is interesting: "Members of Mercy administration tell Ten News the board has committed to a long-range plan of placing a new hospital in the downtown Knoxville area. The memo also affirms that intent."
Betcha a dollar to a donut they're looking at the Atlantic Mills/Palm Beach property off of Baxter Avenue.
Just a hunch.
- ISIS (47 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (18 replies)
- Conversations (5 replies)
- New pipeline (3 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (39 replies)
- Five Knox Co. schools named as "Reward Schools" for performance and progress (4 replies)
- Gaza: it's about natural gas (5 replies)
- Are Achievement School District schools achieving? (1 reply)
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (26 replies)
- Laying the foundation (18 replies)
- Police state of America (33 replies)
- Corporate profits (1 reply)
- Aug 23 2014 - 11:00am (1 day 8 hours from now)
- Aug 26 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 15 hours from now)
- Aug 28 2014 - 6:00pm (6 days 15 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 5 days from now)