The link to the NYT story on Knox County's lovely government.
The second paragraph of the story:
You would understand this desire if you had attended last week’s meeting of the Knox County Commission; that is, if you had the seven hours to spare. But since you probably weren’t there, and be thankful for that, here is a quick primer on local, uncivil civics so that you might appreciate the recent political clamor in this part of eastern Tennessee.
The national embarrassment is real.....
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (10 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (12 replies)
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (5 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (37 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (11 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (26 replies)
- ISIS (36 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (5 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (5 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (1 hour 10 min ago)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (1 day 13 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (4 days 14 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (4 days 22 hours from now)