Blount Co. Mayor writes a letter of complaint to the Sister City program director:
Additionally, there is a lot of adverse comment about all the Russian kids coming here in the summer. They are competing with out kids for jobs, etc. and I have heard story after story relative to displeasure over the deluge. We need to take care of our kids first when it comes to jobs, The Russians, as far as I am concerned, can do likewise. Enough is enough.
He also has issues with Putin, and brings up Vietnam. Read the story here, and the text of the letter (which was printed on county letterhead) here. I'm told there will be a story about it on WVLT at 5:30PM.
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (1 reply)
- Unlike Vouchers and Charters, Community Schools Work (4 replies)
- Tennessee House Bill 317 - Short Term Loans and Lenders (1 reply)
- Tyndall fired (17 replies)
- New push for state takeover of coal regulation gains steam (2 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (12 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Big Ears is here (7 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)