Blount Co. Mayor writes a letter of complaint to the Sister City program director:
Additionally, there is a lot of adverse comment about all the Russian kids coming here in the summer. They are competing with out kids for jobs, etc. and I have heard story after story relative to displeasure over the deluge. We need to take care of our kids first when it comes to jobs, The Russians, as far as I am concerned, can do likewise. Enough is enough.
He also has issues with Putin, and brings up Vietnam. Read the story here, and the text of the letter (which was printed on county letterhead) here. I'm told there will be a story about it on WVLT at 5:30PM.
- The beast has more than one belly: (15 replies)
- Angry Ohio GOP Demands Cuyahoga NP Be Renamed for Palin (2 replies)
- Cades Cove this morning (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (8 replies)
- Into the Belly of the Beast (3 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (6 replies)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (5 replies)
- so this is it ... (7 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)