Sen. Dr. Bill Frist won an impressive straw poll victory at the GOP's dog and pony show in Memphis yesterday. This is outstanding news. I so hope the GOP nominates Sen. Dr. Frist as their candidate for for president in 2008.
Earlier in the week, Trent Lott complained that the voting was rigged. Republicans? Rigging an election? Shocking! Lott claimed that Sen. Dr. Frist was busing supporters in from all over. This can't be true. Everybody knows conservatives are against busing.
Sen. John McCain, sensing his first major campaign setback in a campaign that hasn't officially started, declared the straw poll meaningless and urged attendees to write in George W. Bush. Someone should remind McCain about the 22nd Amendment. If we can't bring back the Big Dog Bill they don't get to keep Dubya.
(Someone should also remind McCain about Bush's poll numbers. It doesn't appear anyone will be riding Bush's coattails into office.)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (7 replies)
- Angry Ohio GOP Demands Cuyahoga NP Be Renamed for Palin (3 replies)
- The beast has more than one belly: (16 replies)
- Cades Cove this morning (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (8 replies)
- Into the Belly of the Beast (3 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (6 replies)
- so this is it ... (7 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)