Sen. Dr. Bill Frist won an impressive straw poll victory at the GOP's dog and pony show in Memphis yesterday. This is outstanding news. I so hope the GOP nominates Sen. Dr. Frist as their candidate for for president in 2008.
Earlier in the week, Trent Lott complained that the voting was rigged. Republicans? Rigging an election? Shocking! Lott claimed that Sen. Dr. Frist was busing supporters in from all over. This can't be true. Everybody knows conservatives are against busing.
Sen. John McCain, sensing his first major campaign setback in a campaign that hasn't officially started, declared the straw poll meaningless and urged attendees to write in George W. Bush. Someone should remind McCain about the 22nd Amendment. If we can't bring back the Big Dog Bill they don't get to keep Dubya.
(Someone should also remind McCain about Bush's poll numbers. It doesn't appear anyone will be riding Bush's coattails into office.)
- Eddie Smith Getting Desperate (1 reply)
- Knoxville could test self-driving cars (16 replies)
- Clinton campaign faltering (13 replies)
- Congratulations to Mike Knapp (6 replies)
- Gannett/Tennessean, more layoffs. Knoxville layoffs next? (15 replies)
- Maybe Trump isn't a total liar? (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (71 replies)
- Why Eddie? (4 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part I (3 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part II (3 replies)
- Water enforcement dropped in business-friendly Haslam administration (5 replies)
- Hate is learned at home... (1 reply)