Sen. Dr. Bill Frist won an impressive straw poll victory at the GOP's dog and pony show in Memphis yesterday. This is outstanding news. I so hope the GOP nominates Sen. Dr. Frist as their candidate for for president in 2008.
Earlier in the week, Trent Lott complained that the voting was rigged. Republicans? Rigging an election? Shocking! Lott claimed that Sen. Dr. Frist was busing supporters in from all over. This can't be true. Everybody knows conservatives are against busing.
Sen. John McCain, sensing his first major campaign setback in a campaign that hasn't officially started, declared the straw poll meaningless and urged attendees to write in George W. Bush. Someone should remind McCain about the 22nd Amendment. If we can't bring back the Big Dog Bill they don't get to keep Dubya.
(Someone should also remind McCain about Bush's poll numbers. It doesn't appear anyone will be riding Bush's coattails into office.)
- Trump to Sign Orders Advancing Keystone, Dakota Access Pipelines (4 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (85 replies)
- Abortions Hit New Low in U.S. (2 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel Sunday only/digital subscription price misleading (3 replies)
- Number of People Enrolled in ACA Marketplaces in 2016, by Congressional District (1 reply)
- City to begin enforcing parking meter time limits (26 replies)
- Obamacare Saved Thousands From Colon Cancer Death, Report Finds (1 reply)
- Obamacare under President Trump: What happens next? (3 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (8 replies)
- The shameful truth: Democrats share the blame for DeVos (2 replies)
- Knoxville Women's March (4 replies)
- So this is how it's gonna be (4 replies)
- Jan 25 2017 - 12:00pm (17 hours 25 min from now)
- Jan 25 2017 - 5:00pm (22 hours 25 min from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (1 week 2 days from now)