Sen. Dr. Bill Frist won an impressive straw poll victory at the GOP's dog and pony show in Memphis yesterday. This is outstanding news. I so hope the GOP nominates Sen. Dr. Frist as their candidate for for president in 2008.
Earlier in the week, Trent Lott complained that the voting was rigged. Republicans? Rigging an election? Shocking! Lott claimed that Sen. Dr. Frist was busing supporters in from all over. This can't be true. Everybody knows conservatives are against busing.
Sen. John McCain, sensing his first major campaign setback in a campaign that hasn't officially started, declared the straw poll meaningless and urged attendees to write in George W. Bush. Someone should remind McCain about the 22nd Amendment. If we can't bring back the Big Dog Bill they don't get to keep Dubya.
(Someone should also remind McCain about Bush's poll numbers. It doesn't appear anyone will be riding Bush's coattails into office.)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (14 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (9 replies)
- Should Knox Co. Democrats cross over in the upcoming primaries? (42 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (5 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (3 replies)
- Gang of 4.0 on radio this morning (2 replies)
- Adams fundraising update (1 reply)
- Yes, Virginia, there are Democrats on the ballot (9 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (42 replies)
- Here's why you should vote "yes" for all judicial retentions (1 reply)
- Briggs (187 replies)
- KNS running more misleading ads (2 replies)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 2 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (3 days 17 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (6 days 18 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 1 hour from now)