Flynn was busted by own force monitoring. WaPo story citing nine sources. NYT citing transcripts of calls. Does Jimmy Duncan consider Flynn a kook? If not, why not?
By Greg Miller, Adam Entous and Ellen Nakashima in the WaPo
National security adviser Flynn discussed sanctions with Russian ambassador, despite denials, officials say
“They did not discuss anything having to do with the United States’ decision to expel diplomats or impose censure against Russia,” Pence said in an interview with CBS News last month, noting that he had spoken with Flynn about the matter. Pence also made a more sweeping assertion, saying there had been no contact between members of Trump’s team and Russia during the campaign. To suggest otherwise, he said, “is to give credence to some of these bizarre rumors that have swirled around the candidacy.”
Neither of those assertions is consistent with the fuller account of Flynn’s contacts with Kislyak provided by officials who had access to reports from U.S. intelligence and law enforcement agencies that routinely monitor the communications of Russian diplomats. Nine current and former officials, who were in senior positions at multiple agencies at the time of the calls, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.
Greg Miller adding comment from admin late last night -
Just adding admin comment on Pence/Flynn: "An administration official stressed that VP Pence based his comments on his convo with Gen Flynn"
Matthew Rosenberg and Matt Apuzzo in the NYT
Flynn Is Said to Have Talked to Russians About Sanctions Before Trump Took Office
- Senior discount 'retiring' (4 replies)
- Craig Fitzhugh for governor? (1 reply)
- Oh, good grief. (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (31 replies)
- I'd vote for her (4 replies)
- Sean Spicer recently checked his aides' cell phones (1 reply)
- Buoyed By Anti-Trump Activism, Democrat Wins Delaware Special Election (1 reply)
- Former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean to run for governor of Tennessee (1 reply)
- Duncan-Massey fundraiser raises eyebrows (33 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (3 replies)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (2 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (3 days 23 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 7 hours from now)
- Mar 14 2017 - 7:30pm (2 weeks 6 hours from now)