From MSNBC ...
By claiming its drivers aren’t employees, FedEx has long been able to avoid paying overtime, providing leave to care for ailing family members, or contributing to Social Security, Medicare, or unemployment insurance — all that tiresome stuff bosses are required by law to provide anyone on the payroll.
- Pope's Garden Center is closing (19 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (17 replies)
- What's next for Obama? (4 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (9 replies)
- Dogwood Arts & Crafts Fair - Market Square - April 29 - May 1, 2016 (1 reply)
- Quote of the Day (4 replies)
- Conversations (1 reply)
- Haslam signs bill allowing religious discrimination (20 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces $302.68 million budget, no tax increases (6 replies)
- Chobani CEO Giving Employees an Ownership Stake in Yogurt Empire (1 reply)
- KCS cancels all TCAP/TN Ready tests not already underway (4 replies)
- McIntyre to helm UT education leadership center (8 replies)