What: Lonsdale Community Market
When: Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 11:00am
Where: Lonsdale Park, 2705 Stonewall St
Lonsdale United for Change is hosting a Multicultural Community Market with foods, crafts and music from other cultures. Details in the press release after the break...
Lonsdale United for Change hosts Lonsdale Community Market August 23, 2014
Knoxville, Tenn. – Lonsdale United for Change will host a Multicultural Community Market on August 23 from 11:00-2:00 at Lonsdale Park. At the Community Market, local vendors will have wonderful foods, fruits, desserts, and crafts available for purchase for those visiting the market.
Lonsdale United for Change has organized this market to bring neighbors together to celebrate their multicultural community. After this month’s event, they plan on having the market the 2nd Saturday of each month. "I happened to be in Lonsdale Park last month when the Lonsdale Community Market had their first event, it was such a festive atmosphere with great food and fun, it is definitely on my schedule this month,” said State Representative Gloria Johnson.
WHO: Lonsdale United for Change
WHAT: Lonsdale Community Market
WHEN: Saturday, August 23rd from 11AM to 2PM
WHERE: Lonsdale Park (covered picnic area), 2705 Stonewall St. Knoxville, Tenn.
This is a great opportunity to come out and support our community, try some new foods and experience crafts and music from other cultures. There will be food from Honduras and Philippines, tamales from Guatemala and Mexico, pastries from Peru, and more! For more information please contact Steve Ritter 865-973-0877 or Rosie Noriega 865-405-0931.
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (15 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)
- Union Ave, Ice Cream, and soup? (48 replies)
- UT students are back! (14 replies)
- Thanks for the memories! (1 reply)
- Free speech proves costly (4 replies)
- Hillary Clinton campaign office to open in Knox County (11 replies)
- How Haslam is reshaping Tennessee environmental rules (6 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (9 replies)
- Interest rates at (pre) historic lows (6 replies)
- Trump train changing direction? (30 replies)
- Aug 24 2016 - 12:00pm (7 hours 22 min ago)
- Aug 27 2016 - 2:00pm (2 days 18 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (6 weeks 5 days from now)