Here's my proposal:
"The United States shall conduct all military, defense, intelligence, and law enforcement operations in full compliance with Common Article III of the Geneva Conventions to which the United States is a party by treaty and international law."
Why does it need to be any more complicated than that?
President Bush said last week "What does that mean, 'outrages upon human dignity'? That's a statement that is wide open to interpretation."
Actually, he left off the rest of that statement, which quite clearly interprets what it means. The full statement is "outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment."
That seems pretty clear to most normal people. But just in case it is not clear to President Bush, here are some examples of "humiliating and degrading treatment".
If the Bush Administration and our civilian military leadership feel it necessary to debate whether this is "humiliating and degrading treatment", it's a sad day for America.
- MPC public meeting on Bearden Mixed Use District zoning proposal (2 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Thursday edition (10 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (39 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (365 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Wednesday edition (14 replies)
- Trump calls on Russia to conduct espionage aganst the United States (8 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (50 replies)
- It's official... (5 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)