By way of a correspondent, check out this upcoming June 4th Knox County Schools agenda item re. the Emerald Charter school application.
Update: the meeting for citizens input will be Monday, June 2, 2014, 5 PM, at the Andrew Johnson Bldg, 1st Boardroom, 912 S. Gay Street, which is across from the courthouse in downtown Knoxville.
Note the Superintendent's Memorandum:
To: Chair and Members
Knox County Board of Education
From: Dr. James P. McIntyre, Jr.
Date: May 29, 2014
Subject: Emerald Academy Charter School Application
On April 1st, the Knox County Board of Education received a charter school application for the Emerald Academy Charter Schools.
The Executive Director of Innovation Dr. Jon Rysewyk led our charter evaluation committee through a review of this proposal based on the Tennessee Charter School Application Evaluation Ratings and Sample Scoring Criteria. The committee’s detailed findings and recommendation are attached. Based upon the strength of the application, the committee has recommended that this application for a charter be approved. I concur with and endorse the recommendation of the evaluation committee.
Based upon the evaluation committee’s careful analysis and recommendation, I would respectfully request that the Board of Education vote to approve this charter application.
- Clinton picks Kaine (7 replies)
- WikiLeaks releases 20K DNC e-mails. (3 replies)
- Who will Clinton pick as VP? (38 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (364 replies)
- Mark Harmon: Thanks, Obama. No, really, thanks (5 replies)
- Hotter than a $2 pistol (7 replies)
- While waiting for November, don't forget there are local elections going on (6 replies)
- How car-sharing is already helping cities with their transit issues (1 reply)
- South Waterfront update (14 replies)
- Mayor Rogero and Chief Rausch Declare War on Gang Members (1 reply)
- Ailes out at Fox News (4 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (11 replies)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (3 days 14 hours from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (4 days 17 hours from now)