By way of a correspondent, check out this upcoming June 4th Knox County Schools agenda item re. the Emerald Charter school application.
Update: the meeting for citizens input will be Monday, June 2, 2014, 5 PM, at the Andrew Johnson Bldg, 1st Boardroom, 912 S. Gay Street, which is across from the courthouse in downtown Knoxville.
Note the Superintendent's Memorandum:
To: Chair and Members
Knox County Board of Education
From: Dr. James P. McIntyre, Jr.
Date: May 29, 2014
Subject: Emerald Academy Charter School Application
On April 1st, the Knox County Board of Education received a charter school application for the Emerald Academy Charter Schools.
The Executive Director of Innovation Dr. Jon Rysewyk led our charter evaluation committee through a review of this proposal based on the Tennessee Charter School Application Evaluation Ratings and Sample Scoring Criteria. The committee’s detailed findings and recommendation are attached. Based upon the strength of the application, the committee has recommended that this application for a charter be approved. I concur with and endorse the recommendation of the evaluation committee.
Based upon the evaluation committee’s careful analysis and recommendation, I would respectfully request that the Board of Education vote to approve this charter application.
- Bicycle superhighways (6 replies)
- Voucher Action (3 replies)
- Shadowy groups seek to keep virtual schools alive in Tennessee (12 replies)
- Tennessee and Kansas (3 replies)
- Falling to the mat with the ACA - King vs Burwell (2 replies)
- KCS fundraising faux pas (13 replies)
- Developers Plan to Change Baptist Hospital Site Plans (23 replies)
- Betty Bean: Emerald Recruitment Ltr Angers Christenberry Faculty (29 replies)
- Free market senior services? (7 replies)
- Belated condolences to Jamie Satterfield (7 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (35 replies)
- Next Stop (35 replies)