By way of a correspondent, check out this upcoming June 4th Knox County Schools agenda item re. the Emerald Charter school application.
Update: the meeting for citizens input will be Monday, June 2, 2014, 5 PM, at the Andrew Johnson Bldg, 1st Boardroom, 912 S. Gay Street, which is across from the courthouse in downtown Knoxville.
Note the Superintendent's Memorandum:
To: Chair and Members
Knox County Board of Education
From: Dr. James P. McIntyre, Jr.
Date: May 29, 2014
Subject: Emerald Academy Charter School Application
On April 1st, the Knox County Board of Education received a charter school application for the Emerald Academy Charter Schools.
The Executive Director of Innovation Dr. Jon Rysewyk led our charter evaluation committee through a review of this proposal based on the Tennessee Charter School Application Evaluation Ratings and Sample Scoring Criteria. The committee’s detailed findings and recommendation are attached. Based upon the strength of the application, the committee has recommended that this application for a charter be approved. I concur with and endorse the recommendation of the evaluation committee.
Based upon the evaluation committee’s careful analysis and recommendation, I would respectfully request that the Board of Education vote to approve this charter application.
- Urban Outfitters, Kent State sweatshirt - what were they thinking? (5 replies)
- TN Supreme Court names new Attorney General (9 replies)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (3 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (60 replies)
- SATURDAY SOUTH (9 replies)
- Social Security garnished for student loan debt (35 replies)
- Bravo to LaFollette Middle School Coach Jake Snider (1 reply)
- Butch Jones: Best new coach in the SEC?* (8 replies)
- Gordon Ball kicks off statewide U.S. Senate campaign in East TN (2 replies)
- Searching for an Online Search Guru (2 replies)
- Gordon Ball for U.S. Senate campaign kickoff (11 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (13 replies)
- Sep 17 2014 - 12:00pm (18 hours 31 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (1 week 46 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)