According to this WBIR report by Mike Donila, Knox Co. Schools will get nearly $3 million less than expected from the state's BEP funding formula because of lower than expected revenues.
Knox Co. Mayor Burchett released a statement saying that he and his staff "will present the Knox County Commission with a new budget proposal that will be revised down in order to reflect the reality of the state's decrease in projected BEP funding."
Mayor Burchett also notes that "While Knox County Schools rely heavily on state funding through the BEP, Knox County is actually a BEP 'donor' county. That means Knox County sends significantly more revenue to Nashville to fund BEP statewide than our local schools receive each year."
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (27 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (26 replies)
- Gatlinburg on fire! (25 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (2 replies)
- Obama leaving economy better than he found it (3 replies)
- Kakistocracy/Kleptocracy era (4 replies)
- Airport connectivity (2 replies)
- Consumer alert: Humana Obamacare plans (1 reply)
- Quote of the day (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (83 replies)
- Perfect gift for the fake news email forwarding drunk uncle (2 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (45 replies)