According to this WBIR report by Mike Donila, Knox Co. Schools will get nearly $3 million less than expected from the state's BEP funding formula because of lower than expected revenues.
Knox Co. Mayor Burchett released a statement saying that he and his staff "will present the Knox County Commission with a new budget proposal that will be revised down in order to reflect the reality of the state's decrease in projected BEP funding."
Mayor Burchett also notes that "While Knox County Schools rely heavily on state funding through the BEP, Knox County is actually a BEP 'donor' county. That means Knox County sends significantly more revenue to Nashville to fund BEP statewide than our local schools receive each year."
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (5 replies)
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (11 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (4 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- ISIS (144 replies)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (16 replies)
- Ballot order (17 replies)