According to this WBIR report by Mike Donila, Knox Co. Schools will get nearly $3 million less than expected from the state's BEP funding formula because of lower than expected revenues.
Knox Co. Mayor Burchett released a statement saying that he and his staff "will present the Knox County Commission with a new budget proposal that will be revised down in order to reflect the reality of the state's decrease in projected BEP funding."
Mayor Burchett also notes that "While Knox County Schools rely heavily on state funding through the BEP, Knox County is actually a BEP 'donor' county. That means Knox County sends significantly more revenue to Nashville to fund BEP statewide than our local schools receive each year."
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (5 replies)
- It's official... (4 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (12 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP Proposals Announced (1 reply)
- Sanders addresses supporters in Philadelphia (5 replies)
- Think twice about routine dental x-rays (2 replies)
- Debbie Wasserman Shultz removed from convention chair post (82 replies)
- SoKno: Rivers Edge Apartment Homes (2 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (12 replies)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (14 hours 47 min from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (1 day 17 hours from now)