According to this WBIR report by Mike Donila, Knox Co. Schools will get nearly $3 million less than expected from the state's BEP funding formula because of lower than expected revenues.
Knox Co. Mayor Burchett released a statement saying that he and his staff "will present the Knox County Commission with a new budget proposal that will be revised down in order to reflect the reality of the state's decrease in projected BEP funding."
Mayor Burchett also notes that "While Knox County Schools rely heavily on state funding through the BEP, Knox County is actually a BEP 'donor' county. That means Knox County sends significantly more revenue to Nashville to fund BEP statewide than our local schools receive each year."
- The beast has more than one belly: (15 replies)
- Angry Ohio GOP Demands Cuyahoga NP Be Renamed for Palin (2 replies)
- Cades Cove this morning (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (8 replies)
- Into the Belly of the Beast (3 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (6 replies)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (5 replies)
- so this is it ... (7 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)