This is why I quit as a mentor for Tennessee Achieves (after three years) to protest the new Tennessee Promise.
It's the taxpayers who are picking up the tab for free tuition at Pellissippi State (and other two-year colleges and technical schools) including the 10% increase next year because the state is not funding higher education as it should. I am not convinced this is what is best for the students, especially the many who need remedial classes and can't graduate in two years.
- Trump's Cabinet (46 replies)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (37 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (57 replies)
- Did that just happen? (181 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (3 replies)
- RIP John Glenn (2 replies)
- Jobless Rate Hits Nine-Year Low; 178,000 Jobs Added (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (85 replies)
- Mountaintop removal coal mining banned in East TN (5 replies)
- This is the dumbest thing I've seen all week (1 reply)
- National Weather Service facing major cutbacks (3 replies)
- 2016 Harvest Of Souls Continues (3 replies)