This is why I quit as a mentor for Tennessee Achieves (after three years) to protest the new Tennessee Promise.
It's the taxpayers who are picking up the tab for free tuition at Pellissippi State (and other two-year colleges and technical schools) including the 10% increase next year because the state is not funding higher education as it should. I am not convinced this is what is best for the students, especially the many who need remedial classes and can't graduate in two years.
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (1 reply)
- Bernie's Statement to His Supporters on His Endorsement of Hillary (13 replies)
- Clinton picks Kaine (11 replies)
- Analysts say Trump's economic plan would be a disaster (1 reply)
- Clinton responds to Trump convention speech (2 replies)
- WikiLeaks releases 20K DNC e-mails. (3 replies)
- Who will Clinton pick as VP? (38 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (364 replies)
- Mark Harmon: Thanks, Obama. No, really, thanks (5 replies)
- Hotter than a $2 pistol (7 replies)
- While waiting for November, don't forget there are local elections going on (6 replies)
- How car-sharing is already helping cities with their transit issues (1 reply)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (2 days 23 hours from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (4 days 2 hours from now)