They should get Fleischman and others to ride the Virginia Creeper Trail some weekend. It's an eye opener. Mixture of people young and old, thriving beehive of activity. Boy Scout troup etc.
Since the program's inception in 2009, more than $4.1 billion has been awarded to projects across the nation, but the bill passed this week would limit TIGER grants to roads and bridges, ports and freight rail while specifically prohibiting funding of transit projects, streetscaping and bicycle or pedestrian infrastructure.
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (37 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (56 replies)
- Right-wing contortions (2 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)
- Lady Justice is Missing (21 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (10 replies)
- From Our "McElroy is Blithering" Dept... (7 replies)
- Epic oil glut sparks super tanker 'traffic jams' at sea (1 reply)
- Refugee roundup (12 replies)
- Knoxville and surrounding communities livability (15 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (75 replies)