They should get Fleischman and others to ride the Virginia Creeper Trail some weekend. It's an eye opener. Mixture of people young and old, thriving beehive of activity. Boy Scout troup etc.
Since the program's inception in 2009, more than $4.1 billion has been awarded to projects across the nation, but the bill passed this week would limit TIGER grants to roads and bridges, ports and freight rail while specifically prohibiting funding of transit projects, streetscaping and bicycle or pedestrian infrastructure.
- Peyton Manning's last game? (4 replies)
- BREAKING: Knox Co. Commissioner Jeff Ownby arrested for indecent exposure at Sharps Ridge (201 replies)
- Pilot update (21 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (57 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (2 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (10 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)
- At least they're trying (4 replies)
- Google Rolls Out Free Gigabit Internet Service to Public Housing (4 replies)
- Gloria Johnson announces State House candidacy (15 replies)
- Knoxville City Council tackles payday lenders (12 replies)
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (9 replies)