They should get Fleischman and others to ride the Virginia Creeper Trail some weekend. It's an eye opener. Mixture of people young and old, thriving beehive of activity. Boy Scout troup etc.
Since the program's inception in 2009, more than $4.1 billion has been awarded to projects across the nation, but the bill passed this week would limit TIGER grants to roads and bridges, ports and freight rail while specifically prohibiting funding of transit projects, streetscaping and bicycle or pedestrian infrastructure.
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (3 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (33 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (6 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (2 replies)
- Tennessee does not have a monopoly on crazy politicians (1 reply)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Troubled Tennessee prisons (5 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)
- Apollo photo archive (1 reply)