Holocaust survivor and Knoxville resident Arthur Pais explains how, despite Sen. Campfield's assertion, the Holocaust was nothing like Obamacare:
Siler's statement after the break...
Cheri Siler Meets Arthur Pais, Local Holocaust Survivor
KNOXVILLE, 5/13/2014 — Cheri Siler, candidate for District 7, met with Arthur Pais in his home Saturday in response to the letter submitted to Stacey Campfield by Mr. Pais’ daughter, Wendy Pais Baker, last week.
Mrs. Pais Baker was responding to Mr. Campfield’s remark that Obamacare is like the Holocaust. She challenged Mr. Campfield to meet Mr. Pais, one of his constituents.
Cheri Siler offered the following statement and reflection on her meeting with Mr. Pais:
“I was deeply moved by Mrs. Pais Baker’s letter and I knew Mr. Campfield was not going to respond to her challenge to meet with Mr. Pais. Last week, I was the only candidate to speak out publicly against Mr. Campfield because I felt his comments were too egregious to ignore. But there was more I could and should do.
I personally spoke with Mr. Pais to hear his first-hand account of the horrors of the Holocaust as well as learn whether he thinks Mr. Campfield’s analogy is apt.
As the next Senator for District 7, I feel it is important that citizens know they have a representative who is able to understand words carry weight and is willing to take the time to listen. True elected leaders are never too busy to listen to the people they seek to represent.”
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (16 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)
- Union Ave, Ice Cream, and soup? (48 replies)
- UT students are back! (14 replies)
- Thanks for the memories! (1 reply)
- Free speech proves costly (4 replies)
- Hillary Clinton campaign office to open in Knox County (11 replies)
- How Haslam is reshaping Tennessee environmental rules (6 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (9 replies)
- Interest rates at (pre) historic lows (6 replies)
- Trump train changing direction? (30 replies)
- Aug 24 2016 - 12:00pm (9 hours 4 min ago)
- Aug 27 2016 - 2:00pm (2 days 16 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (6 weeks 5 days from now)