Holocaust survivor and Knoxville resident Arthur Pais explains how, despite Sen. Campfield's assertion, the Holocaust was nothing like Obamacare:
Siler's statement after the break...
Cheri Siler Meets Arthur Pais, Local Holocaust Survivor
KNOXVILLE, 5/13/2014 — Cheri Siler, candidate for District 7, met with Arthur Pais in his home Saturday in response to the letter submitted to Stacey Campfield by Mr. Pais’ daughter, Wendy Pais Baker, last week.
Mrs. Pais Baker was responding to Mr. Campfield’s remark that Obamacare is like the Holocaust. She challenged Mr. Campfield to meet Mr. Pais, one of his constituents.
Cheri Siler offered the following statement and reflection on her meeting with Mr. Pais:
“I was deeply moved by Mrs. Pais Baker’s letter and I knew Mr. Campfield was not going to respond to her challenge to meet with Mr. Pais. Last week, I was the only candidate to speak out publicly against Mr. Campfield because I felt his comments were too egregious to ignore. But there was more I could and should do.
I personally spoke with Mr. Pais to hear his first-hand account of the horrors of the Holocaust as well as learn whether he thinks Mr. Campfield’s analogy is apt.
As the next Senator for District 7, I feel it is important that citizens know they have a representative who is able to understand words carry weight and is willing to take the time to listen. True elected leaders are never too busy to listen to the people they seek to represent.”
- Trump's Cabinet (70 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (1 reply)
- We are living... (3 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (12 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (58 replies)
- A message (2 replies)
- Companies Are Recycling Their Old News to Avoid Being Blasted in a Trump Tweet (2 replies)
- Roger Kane Insists our Legislature is Incredibly Diverse (4 replies)
- Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) on secularists (8 replies)
- Traffic cameras and the Constitution (3 replies)
- South Waterfront area coffee shop opens (4 replies)
- Some Inauguration Day tips... (1 reply)
- Jan 19 2017 - 7:30pm (1 day 18 min from now)
- Jan 20 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 22 hours from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (2 weeks 1 day from now)