Yesterday was the 47th anniversary of my Company Service Date and yesterday saw K-311-1, the last unit to operate in the original K-25 gaseous diffusion process building, fall.
Today there is only a mud flat where the mile-long building stood.
The DOE-Oak Ridge Flickr stream documents the work in this 'Recent News' set.
And here is a view I made from a flyover on a Sunday afternoon in 1978.
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (10 replies)
- Um, Greg Johnson? Haslam's free tuition plan NOT "first-in-the-nation," just screwiest (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (3 replies)
- EBT confusion (96 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (29 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (82 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (11 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- The Oldest Bar In Every State (14 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (21 hours 21 min from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (3 days 17 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 21 hours from now)