Yesterday was the 47th anniversary of my Company Service Date and yesterday saw K-311-1, the last unit to operate in the original K-25 gaseous diffusion process building, fall.
Today there is only a mud flat where the mile-long building stood.
The DOE-Oak Ridge Flickr stream documents the work in this 'Recent News' set.
And here is a view I made from a flyover on a Sunday afternoon in 1978.
- RIP Mike Nichols (2 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (21 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (7 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (3 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)
- Christmas lights at Chilhowee Park (1 reply)
- Shopper News publisher Sandra Clark exonerated in theft trial (8 replies)
- Della Volpe opposes Tennova hospital relocation (16 replies)
- TNDP chair screening committee recommends three candidates (12 replies)
- Yet another Metro Pulse revival? (12 replies)