Yesterday was the 47th anniversary of my Company Service Date and yesterday saw K-311-1, the last unit to operate in the original K-25 gaseous diffusion process building, fall.
Today there is only a mud flat where the mile-long building stood.
The DOE-Oak Ridge Flickr stream documents the work in this 'Recent News' set.
And here is a view I made from a flyover on a Sunday afternoon in 1978.
- Happy Thanksgiving! (7 replies)
- Justice? (56 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (14 replies)
- Developers look to create underground NYC park (2 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (62 replies)
- Audit of KCS capital fund accounting complete (4 replies)
- Black Friday Walmart protests (2 replies)
- Tre Hargett wants you to know that Tre Hargett is all about Tre Hargett accountability (3 replies)
- Feel good dog story (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (7 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (7 replies)
- Citizenfour at Downtown West (6 replies)