Yesterday was the 47th anniversary of my Company Service Date and yesterday saw K-311-1, the last unit to operate in the original K-25 gaseous diffusion process building, fall.
Today there is only a mud flat where the mile-long building stood.
The DOE-Oak Ridge Flickr stream documents the work in this 'Recent News' set.
And here is a view I made from a flyover on a Sunday afternoon in 1978.
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (48 replies)
- Ijams rope course death (6 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (13 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (3 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (12 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (112 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (5 replies)
- 50th anniversary of Medicare (1 reply)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)
- Arnett comes out of hiding (39 replies)
- Proposed ozone rules grab East Tennessee mayors' attention (6 replies)
- Kroger Seasoning Recall includes Knoxville Area (2 replies)
- Jul 31 2015 - 7:30pm (16 hours 5 min from now)
- Aug 7 2015 - 7:00pm (1 week 15 hours from now)
- Sep 11 2015 - 6:30pm (6 weeks 15 hours from now)