Yesterday was the 47th anniversary of my Company Service Date and yesterday saw K-311-1, the last unit to operate in the original K-25 gaseous diffusion process building, fall.
Today there is only a mud flat where the mile-long building stood.
The DOE-Oak Ridge Flickr stream documents the work in this 'Recent News' set.
And here is a view I made from a flyover on a Sunday afternoon in 1978.
- The Onion? Or Parthenon Group? You decide. (25 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (9 replies)
- SATURDAY SOUTH (6 replies)
- Butch Jones: Best new coach in the SEC?* (3 replies)
- This seems just about right. (10 replies)
- Social Security garnished for student loan debt (25 replies)
- Campfield guns in parks bill passes TN Senate (13 replies)
- Why Won't Knox News Sentinel Cover Dr. Mary Headrick's Campaign For Congress in TN's 3rd? (4 replies)
- ISIL: a journalistic twist (9 replies)
- The most affluent town in every state (4 replies)
- Darden investors slam Olive Garden (3 replies)
- Campaign Kickoff for School Board Candidate District 2 Jamie Rowe (24 replies)