It's been a sad week.
Tom Laughlin may have not had a long career in the movie business, but he was influential to those who watched his "Billy Jack" movies.
As mentioned in the New York Times, "All of the films treat issues of the day - ecology, war, pacifism, the generation gap, gun control, police corruption, drug abuse, the occult, the mistreatment of minorities ..."
I believe he had a little of Edward Abbey in him.
One Tin Soldier
Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend.
Do it in the name of Heaven,
You can justify it in the end.
There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgement day,
On the bloody morning after....
One tin soldier rides away
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (5 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (48 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (2 replies)
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (3 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (38 replies)
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (2 replies)
- For theater/re lovers (1 reply)
- Redefining Scrooge (8 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (8 replies)
- ISIS (143 replies)
- Tennessee unemployment, poverty rates increase (1 reply)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (7 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (1 day 16 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (2 days 18 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (2 days 18 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 17 hours from now)