Per today's Commercial Appeal:
Supt. Dorsey Hopson revealed a revised list of proposed closings at Tuesday night’s board work session. It includes Alcy, Riverview, Graves, Westhaven, Gordon, Klondike and Shannon Elementary Schools, Lanier, Corry, Riverview, Vance and Cypress Middle Schools and Northside High.
While consolidation of the Memphis City Schools and Shelby County Schools systems was finalized effective July 1, 2013, I've seen so many lists of proposed school closings, I'm no longer certain how many schools may have already been closed.
This article cites 13, but I read multiple articles citing as many as 21 proposed school closures just months ago.
Can anyone report whether any of those 21 did, in fact, close? Is that possibly why this list is shorter? Or maybe public outcry is why it's shorter?
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (11 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (112 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (5 replies)
- 50th anniversary of Medicare (1 reply)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (12 replies)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)
- Arnett comes out of hiding (39 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (46 replies)
- Proposed ozone rules grab East Tennessee mayors' attention (6 replies)
- Kroger Seasoning Recall includes Knoxville Area (2 replies)
- Blue Hair for Bernie - Canceled (1 reply)
- Marines to volunteer armed guards: Thanks but no thanks (6 replies)