Per today's Commercial Appeal:
Supt. Dorsey Hopson revealed a revised list of proposed closings at Tuesday night’s board work session. It includes Alcy, Riverview, Graves, Westhaven, Gordon, Klondike and Shannon Elementary Schools, Lanier, Corry, Riverview, Vance and Cypress Middle Schools and Northside High.
While consolidation of the Memphis City Schools and Shelby County Schools systems was finalized effective July 1, 2013, I've seen so many lists of proposed school closings, I'm no longer certain how many schools may have already been closed.
This article cites 13, but I read multiple articles citing as many as 21 proposed school closures just months ago.
Can anyone report whether any of those 21 did, in fact, close? Is that possibly why this list is shorter? Or maybe public outcry is why it's shorter?
- Trump's Cabinet (78 replies)
- Inauguration Day (1 reply)
- Will Trump last four years? (59 replies)
- Selling public lands - Cherokee national forest? (3 replies)
- Saw Works Brewing Co. may move to Standard Knitting Mill (6 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (2 replies)
- Jimmy Kimmel - on the street Obamacare vs ACA (3 replies)
- We are living... (3 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (12 replies)
- A message (2 replies)
- Companies Are Recycling Their Old News to Avoid Being Blasted in a Trump Tweet (2 replies)
- Roger Kane Insists our Legislature is Incredibly Diverse (4 replies)