Per today's Commercial Appeal:
Supt. Dorsey Hopson revealed a revised list of proposed closings at Tuesday night’s board work session. It includes Alcy, Riverview, Graves, Westhaven, Gordon, Klondike and Shannon Elementary Schools, Lanier, Corry, Riverview, Vance and Cypress Middle Schools and Northside High.
While consolidation of the Memphis City Schools and Shelby County Schools systems was finalized effective July 1, 2013, I've seen so many lists of proposed school closings, I'm no longer certain how many schools may have already been closed.
This article cites 13, but I read multiple articles citing as many as 21 proposed school closures just months ago.
Can anyone report whether any of those 21 did, in fact, close? Is that possibly why this list is shorter? Or maybe public outcry is why it's shorter?
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (26 replies)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (5 replies)
- CCA et al fund private prison study (1 reply)
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (10 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (4 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (6 replies)
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (1 day 19 hours from now)
- Nov 4 2014 - 8:00pm (4 days 38 min from now)