Per today's Commercial Appeal:
Supt. Dorsey Hopson revealed a revised list of proposed closings at Tuesday night’s board work session. It includes Alcy, Riverview, Graves, Westhaven, Gordon, Klondike and Shannon Elementary Schools, Lanier, Corry, Riverview, Vance and Cypress Middle Schools and Northside High.
While consolidation of the Memphis City Schools and Shelby County Schools systems was finalized effective July 1, 2013, I've seen so many lists of proposed school closings, I'm no longer certain how many schools may have already been closed.
This article cites 13, but I read multiple articles citing as many as 21 proposed school closures just months ago.
Can anyone report whether any of those 21 did, in fact, close? Is that possibly why this list is shorter? Or maybe public outcry is why it's shorter?
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (3 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (56 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (36 replies)
- Right-wing contortions (2 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)
- Lady Justice is Missing (21 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (10 replies)
- From Our "McElroy is Blithering" Dept... (7 replies)
- Epic oil glut sparks super tanker 'traffic jams' at sea (1 reply)
- Refugee roundup (12 replies)
- Knoxville and surrounding communities livability (15 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (75 replies)