Per today's Commercial Appeal:
Supt. Dorsey Hopson revealed a revised list of proposed closings at Tuesday night’s board work session. It includes Alcy, Riverview, Graves, Westhaven, Gordon, Klondike and Shannon Elementary Schools, Lanier, Corry, Riverview, Vance and Cypress Middle Schools and Northside High.
While consolidation of the Memphis City Schools and Shelby County Schools systems was finalized effective July 1, 2013, I've seen so many lists of proposed school closings, I'm no longer certain how many schools may have already been closed.
This article cites 13, but I read multiple articles citing as many as 21 proposed school closures just months ago.
Can anyone report whether any of those 21 did, in fact, close? Is that possibly why this list is shorter? Or maybe public outcry is why it's shorter?
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (71 replies)
- Congratulations to Mike Knapp (1 reply)
- Gannett/Tennessean, more layoffs. Knoxville layoffs next? (10 replies)
- Why Eddie? (4 replies)
- Knoxville could test self-driving cars (10 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part I (3 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part II (3 replies)
- Water enforcement dropped in business-friendly Haslam administration (5 replies)
- Hate is learned at home... (1 reply)
- Clinton campaign faltering (7 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (8 replies)
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (3 replies)