Per today's Commercial Appeal:
Supt. Dorsey Hopson revealed a revised list of proposed closings at Tuesday night’s board work session. It includes Alcy, Riverview, Graves, Westhaven, Gordon, Klondike and Shannon Elementary Schools, Lanier, Corry, Riverview, Vance and Cypress Middle Schools and Northside High.
While consolidation of the Memphis City Schools and Shelby County Schools systems was finalized effective July 1, 2013, I've seen so many lists of proposed school closings, I'm no longer certain how many schools may have already been closed.
This article cites 13, but I read multiple articles citing as many as 21 proposed school closures just months ago.
Can anyone report whether any of those 21 did, in fact, close? Is that possibly why this list is shorter? Or maybe public outcry is why it's shorter?
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (9 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (4 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (1 reply)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (29 replies)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (34 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (13 replies)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (10 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (3 replies)
- Shoulda got Moxley (92 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (16 replies)