Per today's Commercial Appeal:
Supt. Dorsey Hopson revealed a revised list of proposed closings at Tuesday night’s board work session. It includes Alcy, Riverview, Graves, Westhaven, Gordon, Klondike and Shannon Elementary Schools, Lanier, Corry, Riverview, Vance and Cypress Middle Schools and Northside High.
While consolidation of the Memphis City Schools and Shelby County Schools systems was finalized effective July 1, 2013, I've seen so many lists of proposed school closings, I'm no longer certain how many schools may have already been closed.
This article cites 13, but I read multiple articles citing as many as 21 proposed school closures just months ago.
Can anyone report whether any of those 21 did, in fact, close? Is that possibly why this list is shorter? Or maybe public outcry is why it's shorter?
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (5 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (7 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (11 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (37 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (11 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (26 replies)
- ISIS (36 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (5 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (5 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (2 hours 40 min from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (1 day 17 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (4 days 18 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (5 days 2 hours from now)