Per today's Commercial Appeal:
Supt. Dorsey Hopson revealed a revised list of proposed closings at Tuesday night’s board work session. It includes Alcy, Riverview, Graves, Westhaven, Gordon, Klondike and Shannon Elementary Schools, Lanier, Corry, Riverview, Vance and Cypress Middle Schools and Northside High.
While consolidation of the Memphis City Schools and Shelby County Schools systems was finalized effective July 1, 2013, I've seen so many lists of proposed school closings, I'm no longer certain how many schools may have already been closed.
This article cites 13, but I read multiple articles citing as many as 21 proposed school closures just months ago.
Can anyone report whether any of those 21 did, in fact, close? Is that possibly why this list is shorter? Or maybe public outcry is why it's shorter?
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (1 reply)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (1 reply)
- Watch this and get inspired (2 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (11 replies)
- Bar Marley (5 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (11 replies)
- A future for I-40? (17 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (53 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (12 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (4 hours 3 min ago)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (21 hours 56 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (22 hours 41 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 21 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)