She (US State Department spokesman Jen Psaki) also said the United States deplores "the reprehensible attacks against over 40 Coptic Christian churches and other Christian institutions, including schools, social service societies and businesses, by extremists bent on sowing interreligious strife when the vast majority of Egyptians reject such behavior." (Africa News, Aug. 19, 2013).
I mention this only because Greg Johnson in today's News Sentinel seems not to have fact checked his claims the Obama Administration does not condemn global attacks when the victims are Christians. The State Department website contains many such statements lambasting violent acts.
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (1 reply)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- The banality of evil (5 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (1 reply)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (17 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (16 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (38 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (32 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)