Joe Cocker's cover of With a Little Help From My Friends by the Beatles popped up on my car Bluetooth shuffle play a few days ago. I concluded that it might be the greatest cover of all time.
Another good one that popped up tonight out on the patio was the Neville Bros. cover of Fly Like an Eagle by the Steve Miller Band.
Prince's cover of Crimson and Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells is another one in my rotation that is right up there with some of the best.
What are your picks for some of the greatest covers of all time?
- New York bans styrofoam (11 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (10 replies)
- Zeitgeist Studies (1 reply)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (97 replies)
- RIP Tom Laughlin, 'Billy Jack' (5 replies)
- Haslam's lack of leadership on health care hurts state's most vulnerable (19 replies)
- Shopper update (9 replies)