According to official accounts, the bizarre incident in Washington today began with the suspect ramming a barricade at the White House with her car, fleeing the scene with Secret Service agents in pursuit, and finally being shot and killed by law enforcement near Capitol office buildings.
According to reports, she was unarmed, and had an 18-month old baby with her who was rescued from the scene.
There's no word yet on what prompted the incident, but I expect there is a very sad story forthcoming. News reports say she had a history of mental issues.
It should also be noted that Secret Service, FBI and Capitol Police first responders, including two who were injured, were working without pay because of the government shutdown.
- Holiday cooking/baking tip (2 replies)
- The Paint Drying Channel (18 replies)
- Tyson Park, not a family destination (9 replies)
- Superintendent's holiday message to teachers (10 replies)
- New York bans styrofoam (22 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (10 replies)
- Zeitgeist Studies (1 reply)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)