Ronnie L. Collins, President, Alice Bell/Springhill Neighborhood Association, writes:
"The above photo is of a recent addition to the Alice Bell/Springhill neighborhoods. The location is at the corner of Washington Pike and Mall Road, just at the Washington Pike exit of I-640. It is one of the main entrances into our communities.
In the fall of 2011 a cell tower was proposed for this site. Our organization got a postponement at MPC and met with the developer. We tried to suggest some other locations close to this location that would not be so visible. We hired a lawyer that negotiated with the cell tower builder, and this is what became of those negotiations.
It is a much better alternative to what could have been built on this property. It just shows that people need to stand up and not just accept what is being proposed."
(Click image for bigger.)
- New York bans styrofoam (3 replies)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (7 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (97 replies)
- RIP Tom Laughlin, 'Billy Jack' (5 replies)
- Haslam's lack of leadership on health care hurts state's most vulnerable (19 replies)
- Shopper update (9 replies)
- Encouraging local health insurance story (1 reply)