Knoxville News Sentinel editor Jack McElroy announced in today's paper that the News Sentinel will activate their paywall tomorrow morning (Monday, Aug. 26).
Web, mobile and app access will be free for print subscribers. McElroy doesn't say in the article how much a digital only subscription will cost. (It's $14/month at the Commercial Appeal.) We've asked if blogs will also be behind the paywall.
Some content will still be free, such as wire stories, traffic, weather and classifieds. Breaking local news will be free for a few hours after it's posted. Only subscribers will be able to comment, and McElroy says subscribers will be "glad to see the trolls turned away."
UPDATE: Jack McElroy said via email that KNS blogs such as Josh Flory and Tom Humphrey will NOT be behind the paywall "at this point."
UPDATE: Jack McElroy says in comments at the KNS article that the online/digital-only subscription will be $12/month.
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (23 replies)
- City to exclude glass from curbside recycling (17 replies)
- Bill Gates: The robot that takes your job should pay taxes (2 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (10 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (3 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (103 replies)
- Marsha, Marsha, Marsha: unlike Duncan, not afraid of constituents (5 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (4 hours 22 min from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (4 days 5 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)