Morris Day and the Time headlined Summer Soul Jam 2013 at the World's Fair Park Amphitheater last night. He is part James Brown, part Prince, and all Morris Day. He and his smoking hot band put on a funktastic extravaganza that blew the roof off. The SRO capacity crowd went crazy.
Among the other acts (a rap crew that opened the show, some guy who was a friend of Luther Vandross, and the silky smooth R&B of Silk), the old school soul and R&B set by local group Aftah Party was our favorite.
Between sets, MC Lightfoot and his DJ kept the energy going with stand up comedy and slick dance moves. That guy knows how to work the mic and a crowd.
A couple more cellphone pics after the break
Audience members join Morris Day on stage for dance party
The Mrs. rushes the stage as usual for a close up
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (4 replies)
- so this is it ... (7 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (6 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)
- EPA fines Rep. Andy Hold for illegal hog waste dumping (5 replies)
- Praise the Lord and pass the legislation! (32 replies)
- Redesign of Public Space at Riverwalk (22 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (5 replies)
- Court: City Council must vote on Pryor Brown surface parking lot (13 replies)
- U.S. tax cuts don't pay for themselves -Republican-appointed official says (3 replies)