Morris Day and the Time headlined Summer Soul Jam 2013 at the World's Fair Park Amphitheater last night. He is part James Brown, part Prince, and all Morris Day. He and his smoking hot band put on a funktastic extravaganza that blew the roof off. The SRO capacity crowd went crazy.
Among the other acts (a rap crew that opened the show, some guy who was a friend of Luther Vandross, and the silky smooth R&B of Silk), the old school soul and R&B set by local group Aftah Party was our favorite.
Between sets, MC Lightfoot and his DJ kept the energy going with stand up comedy and slick dance moves. That guy knows how to work the mic and a crowd.
A couple more cellphone pics after the break
Audience members join Morris Day on stage for dance party
The Mrs. rushes the stage as usual for a close up
- school board meeting underway (29 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (9 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (9 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (7 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)
- Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (2 replies)
- Today's school board work session (23 replies)
- Dog jumping in water (5 replies)