RoaneViews notes that Every Single TVA Nuclear Reactor Now on NRC Safety Watch
And the referenced article doesn't mention that a former chief at Watts Bar was fired after it was discovered that he was sending money (and what else?) to Iran.
Also no mention of any connections to sandbagging dams along the Tennessee River system.
Also no mention of reactor design problems similar to the Fukushima disaster design problems.
I'm generally on the fence about nuclear power. It has been mostly safe in the U.S. despite some close calls. It could charge our electric cars and iPhones and big screen TVs for a while (but not forever because uranium isn't a renewable resource).
But, do we really want to trust a government (when they want to be) slash private (when it's more convenient) agency like TVA with a poor track record on safety and environmental responsibility? An agency that is able to shirk responsibility and dodge any government oversight off of a few chamber of commerce approved press releases about economic development?
FDR would not approve.
- Big Ears is here (8 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (2 replies)
- Unlike Vouchers and Charters, Community Schools Work (4 replies)
- Tennessee House Bill 317 - Short Term Loans and Lenders (1 reply)
- Tyndall fired (17 replies)
- New push for state takeover of coal regulation gains steam (2 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (12 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)