RoaneViews notes that Every Single TVA Nuclear Reactor Now on NRC Safety Watch
And the referenced article doesn't mention that a former chief at Watts Bar was fired after it was discovered that he was sending money (and what else?) to Iran.
Also no mention of any connections to sandbagging dams along the Tennessee River system.
Also no mention of reactor design problems similar to the Fukushima disaster design problems.
I'm generally on the fence about nuclear power. It has been mostly safe in the U.S. despite some close calls. It could charge our electric cars and iPhones and big screen TVs for a while (but not forever because uranium isn't a renewable resource).
But, do we really want to trust a government (when they want to be) slash private (when it's more convenient) agency like TVA with a poor track record on safety and environmental responsibility? An agency that is able to shirk responsibility and dodge any government oversight off of a few chamber of commerce approved press releases about economic development?
FDR would not approve.
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (17 replies)