RoaneViews notes that Every Single TVA Nuclear Reactor Now on NRC Safety Watch
And the referenced article doesn't mention that a former chief at Watts Bar was fired after it was discovered that he was sending money (and what else?) to Iran.
Also no mention of any connections to sandbagging dams along the Tennessee River system.
Also no mention of reactor design problems similar to the Fukushima disaster design problems.
I'm generally on the fence about nuclear power. It has been mostly safe in the U.S. despite some close calls. It could charge our electric cars and iPhones and big screen TVs for a while (but not forever because uranium isn't a renewable resource).
But, do we really want to trust a government (when they want to be) slash private (when it's more convenient) agency like TVA with a poor track record on safety and environmental responsibility? An agency that is able to shirk responsibility and dodge any government oversight off of a few chamber of commerce approved press releases about economic development?
FDR would not approve.
- Emerald Academy principal named (30 replies)
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (31 replies)
- First Friday Celebration with Knox Co Democratic Party (1 reply)
- Sales tax holiday starts today (1 reply)
- Huffman caves (3 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (10 replies)
- Turnout predictions? (22 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (4 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (33 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)