RoaneViews notes that Every Single TVA Nuclear Reactor Now on NRC Safety Watch
And the referenced article doesn't mention that a former chief at Watts Bar was fired after it was discovered that he was sending money (and what else?) to Iran.
Also no mention of any connections to sandbagging dams along the Tennessee River system.
Also no mention of reactor design problems similar to the Fukushima disaster design problems.
I'm generally on the fence about nuclear power. It has been mostly safe in the U.S. despite some close calls. It could charge our electric cars and iPhones and big screen TVs for a while (but not forever because uranium isn't a renewable resource).
But, do we really want to trust a government (when they want to be) slash private (when it's more convenient) agency like TVA with a poor track record on safety and environmental responsibility? An agency that is able to shirk responsibility and dodge any government oversight off of a few chamber of commerce approved press releases about economic development?
FDR would not approve.
- Tennessee Congressional Candidate Charged With Plot to Burn N.Y. Mosque (2 replies)
- It's a dark, sad day in Knoxville's journalism community (3 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (4 replies)
- Toxic chemicals from train incident suspected in Culton Creek fish kill (16 replies)
- Suttree Landing Park groundbreaking (3 replies)
- Greek humor (1 reply)
- Funny letter to the editor (12 replies)
- Concert performances you have experienced (and can remember) (55 replies)
- school board meeting underway (102 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. project: There's an app for that (37 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (33 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)