RoaneViews notes that Every Single TVA Nuclear Reactor Now on NRC Safety Watch
And the referenced article doesn't mention that a former chief at Watts Bar was fired after it was discovered that he was sending money (and what else?) to Iran.
Also no mention of any connections to sandbagging dams along the Tennessee River system.
Also no mention of reactor design problems similar to the Fukushima disaster design problems.
I'm generally on the fence about nuclear power. It has been mostly safe in the U.S. despite some close calls. It could charge our electric cars and iPhones and big screen TVs for a while (but not forever because uranium isn't a renewable resource).
But, do we really want to trust a government (when they want to be) slash private (when it's more convenient) agency like TVA with a poor track record on safety and environmental responsibility? An agency that is able to shirk responsibility and dodge any government oversight off of a few chamber of commerce approved press releases about economic development?
FDR would not approve.
- Robert Reich to speak in Knoxville (13 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (56 replies)
- What's up with E.W. Scripps? (4 replies)
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (6 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (14 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (13 replies)
- Bar Marley (6 replies)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (2 replies)
- Watch this and get inspired (3 replies)
- A future for I-40? (18 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (1 hour 44 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (2 hours 29 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 1 hour from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)