Some good news ...
From the News-Sentinel ...
The forested lands along Calderwood Lake seen from that overlook are part of 4,000 acres that The Nature Conservancy soon will purchase from Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners, a Canada-based company that in 2012 purchased Alcoa Inc.’s four hydroelectric dams — Chilhowee, Calderwood, Cheoah and Santeetlah — along the Little Tennessee River.
- Laying the foundation (17 replies)
- Police state of America (32 replies)
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (14 replies)
- Conversations (4 replies)
- Corporate profits (2 replies)
- JD3 cleared to run for Congress (28 replies)
- ISIS (40 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (35 replies)
- The "newsroom of the future" without Chas Sisk (3 replies)
- Episcopal Church approves liturgy for blessing same-gender unions (4 replies)
- Unemployment up in Tennessee (9 replies)
- Why can't the US make erasers? (10 replies)