It's the law.
A couple of weeks ago I was driving a fairly well traveled, two lane road in Alcoa and I saw an emergency vehicle coming up behind me, lights flashing and siren blaring. I began my process of slowing down and pulling over. A young lady on a cell phone driving a car behind me starts getting real close to me. In her state of being unaware of her surroundings, she elected to pass me right in front of the emergency vehicle. Could not believe it.
Yesterday I was driving a well-traveled four lane road in Alcoa and I noticed an emergency vehicle coming the opposite direction with lights flashing and siren blaring. Very few of the drivers in the path of the emergency vehicle were yielding.
Hey, people, when you are driving you should be paying attention to everything around you, not just your cell phone, stereo, beverages, etc. It's actually an interesting world we live in, enjoy it while you can.
Be careful out there.
- Redefining Scrooge (7 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (32 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (34 replies)
- Cagle: Tough times ahead for Haslsm (9 replies)
- Most educated town in every state (2 replies)
- Clark: Cornerstone playing hardball with new School Board member John Fugate (7 replies)
- Interesting background on new Attorney General (24 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (5 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (1 reply)
- Urban Outfitters, Kent State sweatshirt - what were they thinking? (10 replies)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (6 replies)
- Gordon Ball kicks off statewide U.S. Senate campaign in East TN (3 replies)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 14 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 15 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (6 days 14 hours from now)