It's the law.
A couple of weeks ago I was driving a fairly well traveled, two lane road in Alcoa and I saw an emergency vehicle coming up behind me, lights flashing and siren blaring. I began my process of slowing down and pulling over. A young lady on a cell phone driving a car behind me starts getting real close to me. In her state of being unaware of her surroundings, she elected to pass me right in front of the emergency vehicle. Could not believe it.
Yesterday I was driving a well-traveled four lane road in Alcoa and I noticed an emergency vehicle coming the opposite direction with lights flashing and siren blaring. Very few of the drivers in the path of the emergency vehicle were yielding.
Hey, people, when you are driving you should be paying attention to everything around you, not just your cell phone, stereo, beverages, etc. It's actually an interesting world we live in, enjoy it while you can.
Be careful out there.
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (61 replies)
- Justice? (48 replies)
- Audit of KCS capital fund accounting complete (4 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (13 replies)
- Black Friday Walmart protests (2 replies)
- Tre Hargett wants you to know that Tre Hargett is all about Tre Hargett accountability (3 replies)
- Feel good dog story (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (7 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (7 replies)
- Citizenfour at Downtown West (6 replies)
- Latest UT athletics drama (9 replies)
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (58 replies)