It's the law.
A couple of weeks ago I was driving a fairly well traveled, two lane road in Alcoa and I saw an emergency vehicle coming up behind me, lights flashing and siren blaring. I began my process of slowing down and pulling over. A young lady on a cell phone driving a car behind me starts getting real close to me. In her state of being unaware of her surroundings, she elected to pass me right in front of the emergency vehicle. Could not believe it.
Yesterday I was driving a well-traveled four lane road in Alcoa and I noticed an emergency vehicle coming the opposite direction with lights flashing and siren blaring. Very few of the drivers in the path of the emergency vehicle were yielding.
Hey, people, when you are driving you should be paying attention to everything around you, not just your cell phone, stereo, beverages, etc. It's actually an interesting world we live in, enjoy it while you can.
Be careful out there.
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (17 replies)