It's the law.
A couple of weeks ago I was driving a fairly well traveled, two lane road in Alcoa and I saw an emergency vehicle coming up behind me, lights flashing and siren blaring. I began my process of slowing down and pulling over. A young lady on a cell phone driving a car behind me starts getting real close to me. In her state of being unaware of her surroundings, she elected to pass me right in front of the emergency vehicle. Could not believe it.
Yesterday I was driving a well-traveled four lane road in Alcoa and I noticed an emergency vehicle coming the opposite direction with lights flashing and siren blaring. Very few of the drivers in the path of the emergency vehicle were yielding.
Hey, people, when you are driving you should be paying attention to everything around you, not just your cell phone, stereo, beverages, etc. It's actually an interesting world we live in, enjoy it while you can.
Be careful out there.
- Dear Greene County (2 replies)
- Spurrier retires (4 replies)
- Disappearing Chilhowee Lake 2.0 (5 replies)
- Assault is not a prank (2 replies)
- Watts Bar 2: Disaster waiting to happen? (6 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (5 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (68 replies)
- Doctors Without Borders demands investigation (2 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (6 replies)
- So, not an endorsement, then? (5 replies)
- School shooting in Oregon (19 replies)
- Now what? (2 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (27 min 50 sec from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (57 min 50 sec from now)
- Nov 5 2015 - 6:00pm (3 weeks 1 day from now)